Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Welcoming”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our two night stay at this property was very enjoyable. The Resort is atop a hill on a beautiful golf course. The Monterey Aquarium and Cannery Row are just minutes away by car. All of the hotel staff we had interactions with were professional and genuinely friendly. The hotel rate I booked included the Regency Club concierge amenities. It included breakfast, snacks, drinks and desserts. The Regency Club room was such a relaxing space, we truly enjoyed it. All of the food was delicious. We also purchased a s'mores kit from the gift shop for $12 and roasted marshmallows at the fire pit. It made around 10 s'mores. The thing I was not satisfied with was the noisy stand alone are conditioner in the room. It took up too much space in the room and was bothersome.

Room Tip: Opt for concierge level rate.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is genuine oddity. The hotel is a bit pricey and pitched towards the fancy golfing crowd. The staff are very well service oriented. The lobby is lovely in a mid-century California way. The restaurant serves good food, but way too small a number of dish choices. But the rooms are the true oddity. Beautiful revamping of the bathroom, nice bed, mirrors etc. But please look at the photo of the HVAC unit--it's straight out of the industrial nightmare of the movie "Brazil." I have never seen such an odd thing in any American hotel. Also note the desk chairs. "You want comfort, sir? You must be mistaken." I also needed earplugs to sleep, since the mini-fridge makes a roaring industrial racket whenever it kicks in. The locale is good and I hope they can get the rough edges off by doing some careful self-evaluation.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are a half-mile hike from the main lobby, so if that's a problem for you, be a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear RoseyL,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our location as well as the newly renovated bathrooms. We are constantly working to upgrade and make improvements to our property. As you noted, we have portable air conditioners placed in our guestrooms. These units are meant to increase the comfort of our guests as our hotel was built without air conditioning.

I hope we see you again in the future whenever your travels bring you back to California.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

An excellent location for our global conference and golf break - a wide range of conference rooms and accommodation to suit our activities during the day and each evening, also convenient for evenings out in Monterey

The breakfast chef was a star all week ! getting us ready for each day over a very well presented morning menu as we watched players putting out on the green adjacent to the restaurant.

Ask at the concierge for better taxi and transfer deals back to SFO.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have never given a place a one star but hyatt monterey earned it because of poor service and a real lack of getting things right. I had paid for an updated regency room got a room with no AC no robes. I called about the AC not working no call back then told I had no AC. I couldn't open the windows because of the highway noise. No call from manager no apology nothing done to get it right. I was offerd a fan! They advertise regency concierge and check in but it doesn't exist. Would not even refund the price difference in rooms. If you are looking for the monterey experience this a hotel to avoid. Far from the action and the shuttle leaves you off at least a mile from the aquarium nothing around the spa but roads. The one plus was the pool which was large and clean. The rooms are quite dated too.

Room Tip: If you have no choice but to stay here avoid the buildings 1and 11 no elevators and very noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Response:
Dear entboy2013,

Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor and providing valuable feedback regarding your visit. I would like to sincerely apologize for the missteps in service that you experienced. The comfort of our guests is of highest importance to us. I will be reviewing your comments with our team personally so this situation is not repeated.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you as a guest in the future whenever your travels bring you back to the area.

Steve

Travelers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hotel looks lovely as you approach it but the rooms are so spread out, we had to walk back outside and quite some distance to get to our room (lucky it wasn't raining). The room was clean & comfortable enough and had a balcony with a small table & chairs that filled the entire balcony! The bath towels are on the small side (as they were in most of the hotels we stayed in) but otherwise all was ok. Free wifi from the rooms was useful & air conditioning appreciated.
The sports bar was family friendly, food & service there and at breakfast was good.

My issue was with checking out where the member of staff found it almost impossible to deal with the idea that I was paying, not my husband. He was completely unable to look me in the eye and directed all of his reponses to my husband, so much so that hubby had to turn his back. In this day & age I find that unacceptable.

Room Tip: lots of the rooms are a long walk from the lobby/dining areas
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sheila C,

Thank you for commenting about your recent visit. I would like to sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding at check-out. I am glad your room and all the amenities met your needs. It sounds like you and your family also enjoyed TusCA Ristorante and Knuckles Sports Bar; two of our restaurants on property.

I hope we see you again soon.

rocklin
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel tucked beyond the hustle and bustle of busy Monterey. I was staying for work, and still enjoyed every minute of it; with the exception of the pool. The rooms have ceiling fans, as well as, air purifiers, creating a comfortable environment. The hotel charges 3 different taxes, and a $20 resort fee in addition to the room rate. The property boasts a sweet fire pit under a cabana, a beautiful pool, shuffleboard, and ping pong. Live jazz in the lobby, a sports bar, and an elegant dining room suits any style of dining. I now prefer to stay here, as the rate is comparable to other hotels in the area that offer a far less tranquil experience. As long as you don't mind a hotel that is not on the beach, I say stay and enjoy!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tr21
Dear tr21,

Thank you so much for the recommendation! You have hit on many of our most popular amenities and I am pleased you enjoyed our fire pit, live jazz, comfortable rooms and sports bar. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

When we first drove up we were so impressed with how beautiful this property is.. When we walked in it seemed like the wait in line was long.. We arrived early by two hours and were told our room was not ready and we would be called if it became ready but we never got a call. We came back and at 4:00 our room was ready.. Guess they don't do early check in..was not impressed with the restaurant or the staff.. We get to our family suite and its small.. If you are expecting privacy do not stay here the modern remodeled rooms have glass sliding doors and you can see through them even the toilet doesn't close all the way. Overall it left me feeling I should have gone somewhere else for the high price I paid. The pool however was beautiful but overcrowded. Rooms are disconnected from lobby so you're on your own.

• Stayed July 2013