I stayed here for a business meeting this week for 3 nights. For me the cons for this place far outweigh the pros. Until this place gets a major overhaul I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
The staff is courteous and professional. Front desk, housekeeping, catering servers, bar/restaurant wait staff were all very nice.
Nice bathroom with walk in shower.
Nice lobby and Fireplace lounge- great Mojito and mushroom pizza.
Mini-fridge, safe, coffee tea maker in the room and a ceiling fan
Wi-fi works well in the room. Note: Unless you're downloading a lot of video, you probably don't need to buy the upgrade for the higher speed.
King bed- mine was very uncomfortable - I guess I drew the short straw since others have been happy with theirs. I didn't sleep well once.
The floors are creaky. I could hear the people upstairs moving around all the time.
All the doors seem to slam shut.
The room furniture, hallway walls, doors are pretty beat up.
My room had a balcony but its ridiculously small. They have 2 chairs and a small table on the balcony that basically take up all of the space.
With the single exception of the mushroom pizza I had at the Fireplace Lounge, the food is terrible. The waiter at Knuckles Sports Bar recommended the Cheesesteak-- I have no idea why. It was dry and bland. The 4 course dinner done by the catering staff was also terrible except for the lemon cheesecake. I'm guessing that came from a vendor.
While I was happy with the bathroom in my room, my co-worker who was in building 1 (I was in 12) was not so happy when what appeared to be (and smelled like) sewage came up from the shower drain and covered the shower floor.
I stayed at this hotel 10 years ago and its been updated since then but it REALLY needs an overhaul now. No way this is a 4 star property in its current condition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca