Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
The Stevenson Monterey(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$124
$195
Spindrift Inn(Monterey)
$229
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$105
$87
ComfortInn
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa(Monterey)
$196
$422
$269
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Monterey Bay Lodge(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$125
$114
Travelocity
3,763 results
All reviewssports barping pongfireplace loungefire pitconference centerpebble beachbig surcannery rowminute driveroad tripfisherman's wharfknucklecaliforniahwyaquariumcoastvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa last week when I was speaking at a conference and had a very nice experience.

The setting on the golf course was really great, the beds are comfortable and the staff are exceptional.

This hotel is also pet friendly and are fantastic when it comes to pet hospitality. I brought my Lakeland Terrier along with me on this trip and the staff treated him like a little prince and they had doggy gifts and lots of treats. I was impressed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

After reading the Trip Advisor reviews, I was not expecting much, and was quite pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I expected a tired, dirty place, and instead we were greeted with renovated rooms and a three room connecting suite with new, modern furnishings.

The pool is large and very family friendly, and the kids loved hanging out there. The grounds were great, as you would expect for being on a golf course.

I remember sleeping quite well - the rooms are pretty well insulated for noise. Not isolation chamber quiet, but for families, I think that this is a good place since kids won't be hearing lots of adjacent room noise.

The downsides were the overall layout (somewhat confusing), a poor value for breakfast, and the fact the ping pong balls were all cracked.

Overall, I was impressed and would come back and stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank newenglandr0cks
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Monterey with the family for a little getaway. We were not expecting much but really had fun. We booked a double room on a club level and the kids loved the club lounge with unlimited drinks and snacks. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool and played a round a golf with dad at the Del Monte course.

The staff is very friendly all over. The kids favorite is the lobby lounge where they play piano in the evening and board games available.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Fredtraveler2
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This review is for the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa.

Property: Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa
Location: Monterey, California
Address: 1 Old Golf Course Road, Monterey, California 93940
Phone: (831) 372-1234
Website: www.hyatt.com
Room Type/Class: King Room
Date: February 26-27, 2013
Booking Source: Hotwire
Overall Rating: 4/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

I choose this property due to it's proximity to the Golden State Theatre (I was covering a concert there), which is less than 5 minutes away via car. Additionally, it is a dog friendly property (with Monterey and Carmel being one of the most dog friendly destinations in California), and I was traveling with my dog and my parents, so reserved two rooms. I was able to get a reduced rate via Hotwire by using the BetterBidding site.

The property has free parking, but there is a $25 resort fee that is supposed to in part pay for parking.

This is a popular hotel for conventions and the like, and there was an agricultural-related event going on, so it was pretty busy. The check-in area was quite busy in the afternoon when I arrived, though the front desk was very well staffed with an additional staffer to help keep things organized, so I still only waited just a few minutes before being helped. As a Passport Platinum member, the provided me with upgrades to both rooms without asking (pool view), and we also able to accommodate my request for adjoining rooms.

The rooms were very nice, on the bottom floor with walk out sliders looking at the pool. The rooms are of the style and quality you would expect from Hyatt properties. Very large, nice bed, ceiling fan, large flat screen television, large bathrooms.

The shower is the standing stall type shower, with a fixed half glass door and open on the side opposite the shower head; even still, its likely overspray will get the floors wet.

The biggest negative is the lack of soundproofing in the rooms. One of our two rooms was on the end, so it was not as much of an issue (though you can hear walking in the room above). With the second room, you could hear the people in the neighboring room talking at normal volumes quite clearly. This could be problematic depending on how loud your neighbors are and what time of day they are still active in their room.

The property has a really vast lobby area with restaurant and some other amenities, and a helpful concierge desk.

As we only stayed one night, we did not have much time to take advantage of what it had to offer, other than the basics.

I would stay here again and recommend it, though I would request a top floor corner room to mitigate and possible issues with noise from neighboring rooms.

Room Tip: Recommend requesting top floor, corner room to mitigate potential noise from neighboring rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

You would expect a Hyatt to not have chipped furniture in the rooms. the bathrooms were pretty but the counter was too low. there is a humidifier in the room that dries out the air extremely bad and gave me a sinus infection. I stayed way in the back of the hotel and it was a long way from the conference room. if you stay here make sure you're in 1 of the buildings closer to the entrance. I won't be staying again it is a long ways from the wharf and from Cannery Row. I would advise to stay downtown it's not worth the price.

• Stayed: October 2012
HRMontereyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear civilsister,
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am disheartened to hear that your overall stay was less than satisfactory and am sorry you did not enjoy the design style or horizontal layout of our property as an alternative from a modern, high-rise hotel. I hope you give the feel of our hotel another chance when your travels bring you back to Monterey.

All the best,