Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I booked 2 rooms through Travelocity (99.00 each with breakfast) so I could visit family i had not seen in some time. Every employee in the establishment was over the top in accomodating our needs and answering questions. The room was clean and comfortable including the beds. The breakfast was wondeful and very filling. The only negative was the room was stuffy when i entered. I noticed that each room had a separate air conditioner however it was January so I had no need to use..

Room Tip: Make sure you have them air out your room before you get there or you must do.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed with a family of 5 people and we had a very nice a comfortable room. Renovated and had all we needed. If at all, bathroom was on the small size for a family of 5.
We especially enjoyed the club. Though very small and sometimes crowded, the service was one of the best we had at any hotel!!
We will look forward to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kobi47
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I booked a get-away to Monterey for mid-week in January 2009, and I chose the Hyatt Monterey. The facility looks a little dated, but the rooms are nice, but nothing extraordinary. The staff is friendly and helpful. The view of the golf course is nice, but not amazing.

The thing that left a sour taste in my mouth that other reviewers mentioned is the $20 per night "resort fee", which-- from my experience--- doesn't entitle you to jack squat. There is an on-site spa, but to even use the sauna or steam room you had to pay an additional $20, according to the hostess. As far as I could tell, it allowed me to use a communal hot tub, swimming pool, and ping pong tables. Sheesh...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AttyPaulM
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was probably the worst disapointment of our entire holiday the location is breattaking. The rioms are well furnished and roomy. BUT it was like staying in a tin can. The rooms are not insulated, we heard the people nect door ALL the time plus the hotel is pet friendly and you heard all the dogs barking. What a disapointment for an otherwise perfect place to be.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Ptlpip
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The staff here were absolutely fantastic on our visit, this was our third hotel of our honeymoon and unbeknownst to us funds were being held on our travel card, meaning at check in we didn't have a cent to our name (even though we did) and the girl who checked us in was so nice and understanding about it!

The hotel was nicely appointed and the rooms were furnished to a high standard, we were sent up some fizz and strawberries as a honeymoon couple and that was just fantastic, one night we went and toasted s'mores on their fireplace in the grounds.

The only slight quibble is its a little bit far away from Monterey if you're not driving or want to book a cab (45 at a stroll 30 brisk walk), but other than that I'd reccomend it totally! We loved our stay!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed there on December 28, I was looking for a nice quiet room since my mom had just passed away. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Once I got to my room I was horrified, it was so dingy and dirty. The carpet was filthy and I had ants on top of the dresser. I called the front desk and they immediately apologized. They found me another room in a different area of the hotel which was at least a little cleaner and gave me a $75 credit for the inconvenience. It was not the quiet room I was looking for, it overlooked the pool and there were kids in the pool at 7:00 in the morning. I don't blame the staff for the room choice since they were very busy that weekend. I do think they need to enforce their pool hours. The restaurant staff was awesome very friendly and accommodating. This is not your normal Hyatt, they need to start paying attention to detail and cleaning their rooms better. The walls are also very thin, we could hear the people next to us coughing. There was one upside to the room and that was the bathroom it was very nicely remodeled.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank MyTym
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I just recently stayed at this Hotel around the holidays and had a great time there. The grounds and the lobby and the choice of restaurants are nice. It has a home feel to it. The check in process was amazingly fast and professional. The guy that took care of me (wish i remembered his name) was very professional. It gave me a great 1st impression of this location. The room itself was very simple. The bed was comfortable. The room was large. The bathroom was nice. The TV was a little outdated and no HD, however that was not that bad of a challenge. The location was also nice where everything is very close. Your about 5-10 minutes from everything. Parking was a bit of a challenge however where if you get back to your room anytime after 8, your parking far away from your room. There was plenty of parking available, just not by rooms.
Usually when i stay somewhere for a few days, i don't like house keeping unless i need something. Im a grown man. Don't need someone for everything. On this 3 night stay, i barely needed anything, however every morning when leaving, the housekeeper that was assigned to my floor was there and present and always offered me service. I had to keep saying no. It was great customer service at first, until it got really annoying after 3 or 4 times per day running in to her. I had even put my do not disturb sign on (i didn't want anyone going in my room when i wasn't there because of some very expensive valuables that i was traveling with) and she even mentioned that she went in to make sure we didn't need anything. I had told her I was fine. That was a little suspect for me but nothing was missing. I believe that she was just overly nice and really wanted to provide great service.

If i was to go back to stay in Monterey, i would not stay anywhere else. I did not give it a 5star simply because it wasn't perfect. But it was great and even better for the price!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo