We stayed here on a two night visit to the Monterey area. Having stayed here on a previous visit 7 years ago, we were very pleased with the major renovations made to the property during the past year.
Its golf course location away from central Monterey makes this a quiet property to stay at and is quite serene. We like the way the hotel is designed, low key and spread out around parts of the golf course. It's a quick and easy drive to downtown Monterey, Pacific Grove and Carmel.
The front desk personnel and service staff were friendly and helpful, easily answering all our questions. Our room was freshly renovated with a new carpet smell throughout. Furnishings were comfortable and relaxing, I loved the flat screen television in the room. It was very quiet in spite of several large meetings on the property. Other than passing people with name tags on, we would never have known these events were taking place.
The only quibble would be parking availability. With the meetings going on it was difficult to find parking spaces near our room, especially at night when returning from dinner. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay and with all the renovations nearly completed, this is great choice when visiting the Central Coast. We would definitely consider staying here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca