I stayed at the Hyatt two years previously, and at the time found it overpriced and desperately in need of redecoration. This time, it was still overpriced but at least had been redecorated in the mean time.
I get the impression that you are paying primarily for the golf course. I guess that if you play golf, this is very important, but if you do not - or your trip means you will not have time to - then this is not value for money at all. The base price is only a start, other fees and taxes increased it from a nominal $177 to over $200 per night, without any meals.
The hotel has a large number of rooms and from the outside they all look the same in an array of blocks much like a motel. The room I stayed in was quite spacious and (now) decorated in a minimalist style. Quite pleasant and relaxing, but the storage was also minimalist ; I stayed for a week as a single and barely had enough room to put things, instead half living out of a case. (There's probably enough room to store golf clubs and for some that may be all that matters!)
The breakfast buffet in the hotel was OK, but nothing special. The a la carte menu was better, I thought. As I had remembered from the past, the sports bar served decent bar food at the weekend. Other than this, I did not get a chance to use any of the facilities.
The hotel seemed to be much used for functions and proved to be reasonably noisy for half my stay, with neighbours returning as late as 2.30am most nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca