I have been a Hyatt Gold Passport member for almost twenty years, so I usually like to stay at Hyatt hotels when I travel for both business and pleasure. In all my experiences with Hyatt, this particular property is the most mediocre hotel I have ever stayed at. Even though they just finished a major renovation not too long ago, the place still seems very tired. The staff is friendly enough, but no one stood out as going the extra step to make the guest feel welcome. I was attending a conference in the area and was looking forward to seeing all the improvements they had done since my last visit years ago. I was rather surprised to see that it basically seemed about the same as it always was. The room I stayed in was near the pool and the kids running around we're intolerable. When I complained about the crying babies and unsupervised children running down the hallways, I was told the family was here for a few days and there hadn't been any complaints. I tried to make the best of it and went out for a late dinner, hoping they would be asleep when I returned. The next day the "family" had checked out, so evidently I wasn't the only one to complain. This hotel is a great value if you are in the area to enjoy Monterey and Carmel, but if you want a quiet and romantic spot, it would be best to spend the extra money and stay a the Hyatt Highlands in Carmel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca