I really want to love this place. The room and hotel was recently renovated and was gorgeous but house keeping needs to be improved. The house keeping did not throughly clean the room. There were dirt spots on both the desk and the mirror. In addition, the past occupants had opened and drank about a 1/3 of it. Housekeeping thought it was still full and left it with the compliamentary sign on it. In addition, I went to get ice and opened the silver ice backet and saw two smoked cigarettes in it. I called the front desk since I did not want to be charged the $250 smoking fee and to their credit they offered to switch rooms. We said no thanks since it was fairly minor and they went above and beyond and gave us a free breakfast. I was impressed with their response.
The shower did not work properly but was still functional. We flashed the toilet with only liquid in it and it ran for about 35 minutes before stopping. Their is no tub in the bathroom which could be an issue for children and there was no fan in the bathroom. The door to the bathroom is a sliding door and you can hear the person using the bathroom which could be embarassing.
It can be hard to find parking near the bulding and the hotel mentioned they have valet service but we did not see it.
The hotel is gorgoues and the breakfast was very good but about $15 to $20 per entree. We did not golf, use the pool, or workout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca