Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“wont stay here again”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

we stayed here for 2 nights when passing through. first impressions were ok. the room was nice and big, the shower was a walk in and the bed was quite comfortable. BUT then it started to go downhill. no air con so we had to open doors as it was too hot. the ceiling fan worked but on high was too draughty and on anything lower had no effect. we ate in the Tusca restaurant, overpriced, we ate breakfast in the Tusca, again overpriced, then when it came to checkout we had a 'resort fee' of $15 per night. why when we had rented the room through a travel operator do we get hit with a resort fee? the location was a little off the track but not too inconvenient. all in all we felt that you pay more for the name and the 'golfing and conference ' than you would a similar hotel in the same region. we both felt we had been ripped off

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Guitar_mark
HRVancouverGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear guitar_mark,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review of our property. With the combination of the cool Monterey climate, windows that open and 4-speed ceiling fan, the room temperature is typically controllable. I am sorry this was not the case in your room. The resort fee includes complimentary bottled water, use of our spa, airport transportation and parking, which are extra charges totally much more at other hotels. I apologize if that was not communicated clearly by the travel operator and our front desk team. We will address this issue.

I am glad you enjoyed the size of the room, walk-in shower and the comfort of our Grand bed. I hope you allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence when your travels bring you back to Monterey. Please contact me directly at steve.mcnally@hyatt.com if I may be of assistance in the future.

Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
Reviewed August 12, 2011

this was an awesome hotel, beautiful yet sporty. Prime location to the airport as well as travelling up the rugged coastline. Grounds kept very neat and clean!

Room Tip: facing the golf course was exciting yet peaceful !
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a nice hotel, with good roons, but very far from the atractions of the city!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This place is. well, you guessed it, awful. From the poorly redesigned rooms that are already worn, to the large portable air conditioner that stood in the corner of my room with a giant hose expelling hot air through the plywood opening in the wall, to the terrible room service food, to the dirty rooms (hair everywhere---and I moved twice, each room was the same).

You may surmise I did not enjoy my stay. Some positives, the Front Desk Staff was nice, the waiter in the coffee shop was dynamite. Other than that, this is a place I will avoid like a cuddle session with the 'Outbreak' monkey.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Diegodad2
HRVancouverGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Diegodad2,

I appreciate you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am disappointed to hear your room was not maintained appropriately. I would like to follow up on this to ensure this situation is corrected. Please contact me directly at steve.mcnally@hyatt.com so I may get the specific details from you to address this.

I am glad to hear the associates you encountered were excellent. I will pass along your comments to our entire team. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steve

Travelers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The room was recently renovated in a stylish manner with a completely redone bathroom and was very nice But for some strange reason no one ever puts a comfortable chair in the room. Since I just stayed for the night I feel put out by the "resort fee", other than the 2 bottles of water I kept the rest of the fee was useless to me. Additional both the Hotel and priceline make it almost impossible to discover there is a fee. On my next trip to Monterey, I'll work harder to find a hotel without a resort fee or parking expense.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear DougP39,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am glad you enjoyed the look and feel of our guest rooms. I am sorry the resort fee was not clear for you. It includes not only the bottled water but also complimentary self and valet parking, access to our spa facilities, etc... Each of which are additional charges at the other Monterey hotels.

I hope we have the opportunity to see you again when you need a getaway from San Jose.

All the best,

Reviewed August 6, 2011

The room smelt. Really nasty. They wouldn't move me because they were apparently fully booked, which is believable because there was nowhere to park. This is basically just a nasty motel that at some point in the last couple of years has been fitted with some nice carpets and tiles, however this is like putting lipstick on a pig- thin walls, noisy plumbing, terrible linear layout, really nasty staircases that you half expect to get mugged in, expensive food, no coffee, and did I mention that the room smelt? I mean, really smelt. Like a nappy. Not only will I never stay here again, I'm also going to avoid staying in a Hyatt ever again. Don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear travellingsimonsays,

I am sorry for the smell you experienced in your room. I can assure you this issue has been addressed with our housekeeping staff so this cannot occur in the future. I know you were able to speak with a manager while you were here but I would also be happy to discuss this matter with you. Please contact me at steve.mcnally@hyatt.com if I may be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel. I like it a lot. The rooms are very comfortable. Staff is exceptional.
The gentleman at the concierge desk was very helpful. He saved us from missing the wedding. I called him being lost in Carmel and looking for a particular beach where a wedding ceremony was about to take place. He guided us over the phone to the right area at the shore. It was hidden a bit and was a challenge to locate. THANK YOU!!!
The lobby is very happening on the weekend. Live jazz was great (and free). There is a warm, family atmosphere.
I will come and stay there every time I need to go to the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear sacramentan,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and staying with us again. I appreciate your recognition of our exceptional staff and in particular Fred at the concierge desk. They will be thrilled to see your kind words posted on the Internet. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the jazz in our lobby. It is a great feature that many of our guests take advantage of.

We look forward to seeing you again when you need a weekend escape.

All the best,