“Great hotel, large well appointed room, clean, very comfortable bed and great location. Excellent value.”
Review of Cannery Row Inn

Cannery Row Inn
Ranked #42 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Summary - Great hotel, large well appointed room, clean, very comfortable bed and great location. Excellent value for money.

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night as part of our drive down Pacific coast Highway 1 from San Francisco. We were in room 210 which had a partial view of the sea and on the 2nd floor. The hotel is within walking distance of cannery row with its shops and restaurants.

We had a large room with high ceiling, a nice fireplace which went on with the flick of a switch and a nice bathroom. Wifi worked well. The bed / mattress was large and very comfortable. The room / location was quiet. Secure and ample parking. Lifts from parking made it easy to move our luggage.

Breakfast was in the lobby and was perfectly adequate (muffins, pastries, 3 types of fruit, some cereals and tea / coffee). You could eat in the hotel courtyard (outdoor) or take it back to your room.

Tip: we had dinner at El Torito – around 5 min walk away from the hotel. Great view of the sea and excellent value for money during happy hour.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel and I would highly recommend it. Room 210 and 212 have the best view from what I could see.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 18, 2011

This place is a 20-30 minute walk to the Aquarium and the main restaurants in Cannery Row. We got a good rate through AAA and the room had been recently renovated and had a fireplace and patio. It also had a microwave, safe, and other amenities. It was perfect for us. Breakfast (muffins, coffee, juice, cereal) gave us a decent start for the day. My only complaint was the impatient pretentious college student that checked us in, who, I was told the next day, was thankfully going to leave his job soon.

Room Tip: Good option for all the overpriced places in area
  • Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2011

My family takes a trip to Monterey once a year & we usually stay at The Monterey Plaza Hotel, but this time we decided to take a chance because we wanted to save money so we booked the Cannery Row. The location seemed ideal and the pics on the web looked pretty good. Big mistake. Although they made an attempt to update with some modern furniture the room had a weird smell, carpets were nasty, and the bathroom was old. The whole place needs a remodel. Toilet clogged & staff seemed irritated they had to fix it. It took several calls to even get someone to our room. And the room was not cheap. I'm guessing because of the location. It was close walking distance to everything. The location gets a 10; everything else is a 1. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Fourbabes
Reviewed April 5, 2011

this place sux first they over booked us so we didnt get the room we ask for. then there were ants every were, and for the fanaliy they miss and over charged me and my girlfrined and when we tryed to make it right the manager dodged us for over a week. stay away

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jake831
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I travelled to Monterey form Okalahoma....Wanted some peaceful environment to get away from my work and family..Cannery Row Inn just provided what I needed....I recommend this hotel to everyone who wants some time away from work and family...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Cannery Row Inn on Foam St, on Monterey Bay, CA. The inn was conveniently located, within walking distance to the Old Fisherman's Wharf, and to Cannery Row itself. Check in and out was a breeze and the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We booked one of the king rooms with a bay view and fireplace, on the 2nd floor. The view was gorgeous and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in for years! The price was extremely reasonable for the fabulous location, well under what I would have expected. Nice job, Cannery Row Inn! I'll definitely rebook when I get back to beautiful Monterey.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mainegrl60
Reviewed March 21, 2011

i usally come to monterey on bussness and i had a meeting at the plaza so i stayed here. when i stayed last time i left some comments at the front desk, and when i arrived in my room i was suprised to find they acually upgraded all the things that i metioned. new beds, better funiture. i was really pleased. front desk really tries to help with your needs the opened breakfast eariler so my partners can enjoy. this hotel does all the little things for customers.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple