“quality sushi”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
monterey
“quality sushi”
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Visited during the week. Had three different rolls and some fresh genmaicha tea. One of the rolls was a holiday roll which included pumpkin and sashimi. The tempura in the rolls and subsequent dessert were done perfectly. As the secret to great sushi is in the rice, the rice was mild , sweet and warm. The dessert was tempura banana and green tea ice cream. I didnt think the banana part was sweet enough but was out voted. As to the green tea ice cream I didnt know why it was good , I just kept eating it!
The downside would be the service. The waiter was ok but didnt ask for a drink order or soup order and because everything is handmade to order it takes a while to get food.
The service needs work but the food was worth it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Indianapolis, IN
“Fantastic, fresh sushi in a friendly place!”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I feel a little guilty about this, but I was craving sushi after spending the day at the Monterey Aquarium. A local recommended this place, and it was better than I ever expected to find. The sushi was super fresh, generously portioned, and reasonably priced. The staff was super friendly and business was hopping! The salad was delicious as well. My hubby enjoyed his tempura and chicken teriyaki. It was an easy walk from the aquarium. Don't miss this place.

Monterey, California
“great fun sushi place”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

great fun sushi place

virginia beach
“Totally what I was looking for in Monterey - just ask my Wife Morgan”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I have been craving sushi since I landed in San Francisco a few days ago. Since my wife doesn't eat a lot of sushi, we've put it off in NAPA valley and San Francisco. I foud this place on Trip Advisor. I knwe this place was the one right when I walked in. First off, the place was tottally packed and you had to wait only a little. Second, they had medium Fatty Torro (couldn't find anywhere else in city). Third, they had really fresh albacore. I ordered the sashimi platter at 19 a plate with huge pieces of fish, delicious himachi, tuna, albacore, two types, salmon, and squid, yellowtail. The waitstaff was really nice and took care of us. My wife had the steamed gyozo, miso soup, hot tea, and steamed rice and she's slowly coming around. The Sushi was AMAZING and will go back tomorrow for lunch/dinner

Moose Jaw, Canada
“Great ambiance, service and sushi!”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

This place i really good! I picked it out from the different sushi-places in Monterey after checking out some online reviews. The place doesn't seem like much from the outside, and to be honest - the first impression you get of the interior isn't great either.

We chose to sit by the bar, and was pampered by our waitor. When he had given us our drinks, he turned us over to our sushi chef which we should order all our sushi from. Great concept. The sushi was tasty, artistically arranged and very fresh. All waiters and chefs seemed like they really enjoyed their jobs, and the head chef kept greeting all customers with a friendly nod, and constantly had an eye on everything going on, without being stressed at all.

I am still trying to decide whether or not this place is better than my favorite sushi place back home in Denmark. I would say that the sushi is just as good, but the service, atmosphere and definitely the prices makes this place the best sushi-restaurant I have ever visited.