“Best Sushi in Town!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Belleville, Michigan
“Best Sushi in Town!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Every time my wife and I are in town we make it a point to stop in for some Sushi. They have the best Sushi we've ever had. If you are used to Benihana Sushi- Crystal Fish is one hundred times better and more delicious!

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ankeny, Iowa
“Indeed a good restaurant!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Before heading for Southern California for a vacation, my family had eaten there, and we like the food, the service, and the ambiance. The waitress was friendly and served food fast. Very convenient location and parking as well. But just a little old building with old carpet and probably old paint, too.

• Visited December 2013
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent sushi, very good service, wish it was in my town.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stay in Carmel Valley once or twice a year lately and a visit to Crystal Fish in nearby Monterrey has become mandatory. It's quite popular with locals so a reservation is a must as the wait can be substantial. The Kira Kira roll is one of the best rolls I've had anywhere.

• Visited January 2014
Colton, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quick service pretty good food”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I went at the lunch hour. Average to good cali roll and some extras for the inexpensive price. Good service and very friendly staff.

• Visited September 2013
Cape May Beach
“Disappointing to me, but apparently average to great for others.”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

As someone who loves good Japanese food, this was average or less. The only restaurant I liked in this town before has closed, so I gave Crystal Fish a try. I noticed the sushi chefs look Mexican and certainly not Japanese. I guess that explains the shell in the oysters, which a Japanese chef would never do. All 6 had shell. Also, the hot sauce (sriracha I guess) overpowered the oysters, so I couldn't taste them. I am used to Japanese chefs putting wasabi on if they think it should be there, but here I didn't see any. The ikura were fine, but sparse and the nori was soggy, even though "freshly" made. The menu was ⅔ rolls - mostly specialty rolls (i.e. not typical Japanese rolls). They did have nigiri and sashimi but not too many other typical Japanese appetizers or main plates, which I missed. We asked for clear soup (none) and then miso soup. It was on the bill but they never brought it. Service was friendly but only fair to spotty. They didn't have most of the sakes on the list. The shoyu was an odd watery consistency as if watered down. All that being said, the atmosphere was fine. Still, there is no reason for me to go back except that if there is nothing else in town, I would probably do it.

• Visited November 2013