“Best in Town!”

Crystal Fish
Ranked #24 of 298 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
BONANZA
“Best in Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have eaten here several times over the years and when visiting Monterey will do so again. The food is outstanding. I normally have sushi rolls and sashimi! Having lived in Japan for 3 years, I love their food here. It reminds me of the time I spend in Japan.

The atompshere is great. The place is small and you might have to wait, but the food it well worth that wait time!

The staff is fast in preparing your food and everyone is very friendly. I highly recommend this place to eat if you love Japanese food!

• Visited July 2012

Teddington, United Kingdom
“Love the tempura!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a great meal here. It was very busy - we waited twenty minutes to be seated, then another ten before we were served, and another half an hour after that before the food arrived. So we were starving by the time it came! But there's a reason for it being so busy - the food is great.

We shared two starters - tempura and fried tofu, both were delicious. We both ordered two sushi dishes for our main course - huge portions, so some left over to take home. The sushi was good, not the best I've ever had, but still tasty. We shared the banana tempura for dessert - this was excellent, highly recommended!

With sparkling water and sake, our meal came to $80, including the tip. We felt it was well worth it, we had an enjoyable evening in this buzzing restaurant with very good food. The best restaurant we ate at in Monterey.

• Visited August 2012
Carmel, California
“Great food, service and atmosphere!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have eaten at Crystal fish 5 or 6 times and the food has always been good.
The service is good and the prices are fair.
The only thing that I thought was a negative was that in my party of 3 they brought out to entrees and we didn't want to start until the third one came out.
It took another 15 minutes which is one of the first rules in a restaurant ( The order all goes out at the same time)
I had a hot dish which of course got cold be being polite and waiting for my friends food to come, and besides , you all go to dinner to eat together not separately.

• Visited November 2012
Chantilly, Virginia
“Saki Sampler and Sushi Rolls galore!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Came with a group of 14 bussiness colleagues. Great service - we gave the chef free rein to just make platters of sushi rolls and none disappointed. A few of the guests ordered from the menu -- and those plates loked delicious too.

The Saki Sample was fun -- and a great treat.

Visited November 2012
San Fernando, California
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Certainly not the BEST sushi we've had (in LA we have so many great sushi spots) but it was def good. We were not disappointed.

Visited November 2012