“Unique and worthwhile”

Watsonville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique and worthwhile”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I want this guy's job! He obviously loves what he does, and he made it very enjoyable for us. I appreciate it when people put a lot into perfecting what they do but still keep it fresh. Doug does this. I'd recommend this tour whether you are a local resident as we are or visiting from anywhere else.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank JosephMcC

Clarks Summit, Pa
“Quality Tour”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was part of a tour from Pennsylvania with a stop in Monterey. Our tour director arranged for the Monterey Movie tour. We had no idea what to expect.

Two groups went at separate times and both groups enjoyed the tour which we felt was a quality tour with a knowledgeable guide, Doug, who I believe is the owner. We had at least two stops in addition to seeing the areas of Monterey, Carmel, Pebble Beach and a drive on the popular 17 mile drive. I would definitely recommend this tour for adults. This is also a bonus for the golfers due to one of the stops being Pebble Beach! You can actually walk down to the 18th hole! Absolutely breath taking! Even if you are not a golfer, the scenery is amazing. Highly recommend this tour.

Visited July 2013
Santa Ana, California
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very entertaining”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I took my husband on this tour for his birthday because we are both movie lovers (especially old movies). The 2/3 of the tour that showed movie clips RIGHT IN FRONT OF the actual locations was excellent!! We enjoyed it like you wouldn't believe.

1/3 of the tour is stopping at 3 sites: 10 min. at Bird Island, 10 min. at The Lone Cypress, and 40-45 minutes at Pebble Beach Golf Course, where you walk around and take photos.

So if this is what you would love to do, be sure to check it out.

The owner of the company took us on the tour, and was very entertaining and personable. He really knew his movie facts, and grew up in the Monterey area, so we knew that his info was correct.

Thanks for a great time, Doug (owner).

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sharon G
Salinas, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“GET ON THE MOVE WITH MONTEREY MOVIE TOURS”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

What an absolutely fabulous concept. My wife and I had a blast seeing the actual locations of many of the movies of the past. Your host, Doug Lumsden, truly captures the spirit of the history and beauty of the Monterey Peninsula while weaving in lots of movie trivia on many of the movies filmed in the area. Believe me, you will not be disappointed by taking this three-hour adventure tour.

Visited June 2013
carmel,, CA
“Don't miss a thing!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

What a fun tour! Doug is both a wealth of knowledge and very entertaining. A relaxing way to see the sights (many you might have missed) and all in one fell swoop. Its a very rewarding and satisfying adventure. Go!

Visited July 2012