“Worth the price”

9-Hour Chauffeured Monterey Bay Coast Tour from San Francisco
Ranked #1 of 105 things to do in Monterey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located at the ocean's edge, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is a window to marine life -- for dive masters and non-swimmers alike. It's home to sea otters, penguins, sharks, jellies and thousands of other marine animals and plants. Its mission is to inspire conservation of the oceans.
california
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worth the price”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great for families, friends, solo individuals, couples -- anyone, everyone. Like other reviewers, I was an early visitor to this magical place when it first opened. I went often while I lived in the area. And then after many years away, I visited again and found it even more magical than ever. It has become quite a destination, so I suggest going in the off-season when the lines and parking are easier. Every exhibit is interesting, and the written material is worth reading. Be sure to put your phone on "silent" and leave it out of reach except when you want to take pictures, so you can soak in everything without the distractions of normal life. This is no place for phone calls, emails and texts. Just enjoy the magic!

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Colorado Springs, CO
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Take the kids, it's educational and fun.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The set up of the Aquarium is great and they have feeding times through out the day where you can watch and ask questions about the sea life. I know a lot of hotels offer 2 days for the price of 1, but I'm not sure you need 2 days to see it all. One full day is perfect. DO NOT MISS the free theater presentations. That was my favorite thing, well I loved the jelly fish exhibit and the giant tanks, too. But, the presentation in the theater was inter-active and the presenter was so funny.

Visited November 2013
St. John's, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Glad we Visited”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Parking was interesting but not impossible. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The aquarium was fantastic despite there being a number of exhibits that were not available when we were there. Jellyfish, baby seahorses,penguins - just so much to see! The kids loved watching someone dive, feed and do a demonstration from inside a tank. We spent a few hours in there as a stop over but next time, i would plan for longer.

Visited January 2013
Hidden Valley Lake, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great place for all ages”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had not been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium in almost 20 years. And it was just as amazing if not better than the first time I went there. It was the first time for my kids ages 13yrs and 8yrs to visit. And the smiles and excitement in their eyes just got bigger and bigger. I suggest going at least twice in the day. We went early morning, looked at everything. Left to do some shopping and small rest back at the hotel. And then made it back for the sea otter feedings and to go see all our favorites from our first time in earlier. My 8 year old now wants to work at the Monterey Bay Aquarium he loved it so much!

Visited November 2013
San Jose, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the drive and crowd”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My kids loved it. It was well worth the long drive and crowded lines!! I would Highly Recommended to visit.

Visited August 2013