“Modern, great location and service”

InterContinental The Clement Monterey
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Rented bikes nearby and took 17 mile drive into Carmel. Had lunch at Pebble beach. Flights of champagne at the hotel bar. Dinner a few blocks away at cafe Moulin - one word: gnocchi!! Great place to stay and very new modern hotel with very friendly helpful service. Join their Ambassador program for about 100/year and you usually get an upgrade as well as late checkout.

• Stayed: November 2010

Reviewed November 8, 2010

This is a wonderful hotel based on the location and how beautiful the rooms are. We are in the middle of our stay and I'd just like to comment on the previous post about the restaurant not recognizing a celebration. When I made our room reservations I told them it was my birthday. No mention of it at check in and nothing sent to the room! For what they charge (we are in a suite) it wouldn't hurt them to make sure they acknowledge this!! We travel alot and even a non big chain hotel would do something! The only other mention is that there are only 3 small drawers for the entire suite. There is plenty of room for more drawer space so I'm curious as to why this is. Otherwise it's lovely here and all staff has been very personable. Also, 500.00 for a room and 9.95 for wireless internet.....really????

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Havent been to Cannery Row for a long while, so happily pleased to see it's charm and fresh clean face. Next delight, the Clement, fresh clean and so current. The parking myself was a breeze with a short walk that was no problem, I found pleasant plus there is a overpass enclosed bridge into the hotel/spa. The staff does everything to settle you into your room, I have not had that degree of service in a long time, and I appreciated every second, such a relief! More hotels should return to the old fashion customer service that does everything for the guest rather than the reception guests time clock in and out like a job.... Hungry, "C" was such a treat, back down the elevator, great food and bay view. So great, I returned for a fabulous late dinner and loved it.The intire hotel and room had so many surprises, attention to details, comfy interesting spaces and artistry to enjoy, I won't tell and spoil for you, it's all delightful! Car safely parked, then quick walk right next door to the Monterey Aquarium was exactly.Loved it so perfectly, I want to return for several days and soon!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for just 2 nights with my husband and 2 friends. We were on a 3 week holiday working our way up the West Coast of California from San Diego to San Francisco. Although we stayed in some lovely hotels (some not so lovely) this hotel was the jewel in the crown, it certainly had the wow factor. I could have spent my whole 3 weeks holiday here, I just loved it. Although we booked a standard room we were given a room with a wonderful view of the ocean and Cannery Row. Our friends were right next door, the room was wonderful with a living gas fire, plenty of room and a bathroom to die for.
The location was truly superb, being on Cannery Row was the place to be.
It was one of our friends birthday and I had emailed ahead to book a table in the restaurant. We could not fault the food or the service but perhaps a hint of celebration by the hotel would have been a nice touch!
Would we go back? Like a shot, but for longer!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SueDeal
Reviewed November 5, 2010

You know a hotel is great when you walk in the room and wish you had more time to stay there.

Luxury appointments, fantastic location
The bathroom was large and beautifully decorated. The towels were oversize and very soft.

The staff was friendly and very helpful.

The only suggestion I have is that they slip a copy of the bill under the door so that a trip to the front desk in the morning is not necessary.

This is my new favorite hotel in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2010

My boyfriend, now fiancee, proposed to me and the staff at InterContinental The Clement Monterey made it a memorable, luxurious, romantic evening to remember!

No detail was overlooked. From the front desk staff, to the bar, to room service to reservations-- everything was taken care of and added extra touches made our night all the more special. My fiancee is amazing but I don't think he could have accomplished everything on his own. We feel so fortunate to have shared our experience at this hotel.

The King bed was ultra comfy, the fireplace provided ambiance and warmth, the food was amazing and the soaking tub was just what we needed to unwind. We are local so have stayed at many area hotels and resorts but InterContinental The Clement Monterey is one of the BEST. Highly recommened to anyone visiting the area or locals looking for a special retreat.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We had a room with a balcony, it was beautiful. I will never stay anywhere else when I go to Monterey.

• Stayed: May 2010