We arrived on Monday 5 April right after Easter at 3pm. Our room that we booked was not yet available so(unprompted by us) Patrick at the front desk upgraded us to a Suite and volunteered to have a rollaway bed brought in for our kids. Now thats Customer service, you won us for life Patrick with that move! Let me tell you I have been to over 35 countries worldwide and stayed in hundreds of hotels. This place is totally unique and beautiful, the location is fantastic, dead center in Moneterey and right next door to the Aquarium. We had spent easter Sunday weekend at the Ritz Carlton SFO. This place makes that hotel look really old. The Clement suite was absolutely gorgeous and vast. Our king bed was in a separate room behind fogged glass doors, a bonus for parents with small kids.We also had an inroom fireplace, it was great to have the doors open to the ocean and the fire on. They have a great feature on all their phones called Instant service, they were prompt and responded almost immediately everytime. Now about the food, it was simply INCREDIBLE! The scallops the best I have ever had in my entire life, the breakfast was superb and BTW all the food priced exactly half what we paid that the Ritz in SFO. The restaurant is facing the water and its filled with amazing sun in the mornings. You can also see plentiful sea otters just outside your windows. For us the Clement was home for three days while we visited Carmel, Big Sur and of course Monterey.What a wonderful place, we can't wait to go back, our kids wanted to move there, thats rare for our kids to love a hotel that well. All the staff that we encountered were terrific, well motivated to make you happy and meet and exceed your needs. The valets were also fantastic, very timely and courteous and attentive. BTW I see people on here belly aching about paying overnight parking for the valet at 21.00 thats nothing people, we had to pay 65 a nite at the Ritz in SFO, now thats plain crazy. One last thing, the bathroom was amazing and our king bed and the crisp linens was like sleeping on a cloud 100 percent more comfortable than the Ritz . We love you Clement!!!!!
Sincerely Dave B. Sterling, Va.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey