My husband and I stayed here for one night at the end of December and it was all that I expect from a nice hotel. The hotel is located directly on the water on Cannery Row... where all the touristy shops and restaurants are. We were tourists so this was perfect for us. We were given a room that faces the Bubba Gump restaurant next store and at first I was worried about it being loud at night but after the restaurant closed it was completely quiet and the windows do a good job of keeping all the sound out. They have a nice walkway and area to sit out and enjoy a glass of wine along the water so you can enjoy the hotels location even if you don't book a room facing the ocean. The common areas and rooms are VERY nice... you can tell the hotel is fairly new given the quality of the finishes. The room was very large in comparison to other standard hotel rooms and they had some really nice touches that made you feel like they were paying attention to all the details - live bonsai tree in the living area, live orchid in the bathroom, and great toiletries.The bed was super comfortable and had great pillows. The bathroom was luxurious - seperate bathtub and shower which I love. Parking was $20 to valet ($17 if you want to park it yourself) but I found this to be an acceptable fee given the location of the property and the area. Reception and valet staff (especially the valet staff) were very friendly and helpful. We paid $180 for our room ($200 with parking) - pre-paid special through hotel website. We found this to be a very good value given the quality of the hotel. I was extremely pleased with our stay here and would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey