“Outstanding staff. Outstanding view.”

InterContinental The Clement Monterey
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
“Outstanding staff. Outstanding view.”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely beautiful, and obviously has an unbeatable location.
We stayed once, four years ago, and stayed again this past Sunday-Tuesday. In between we have test-driven a number of other hotels in the area (all lovely) but this one is heads above all of them.
The staff in this hotel is bar-none, the most accommodating, always cheery, helpful, hardest working staff that I have ever encountered (and my life and work put me in a LOT of hotels). Misty, at the front desk initially checked us in, and touched base with us every time that we walked through the door to ensure that we were enjoying ourselves. The maid service was outstanding; the restaurant and bar staff were great--even the gentleman maintaining the pool was incredibly friendly and helpful.
The fruit and chocolate from the manager was a very classy touch, and was very much noticed and appreciated.
This is a without a doubt, a five-star hotel, that feels comfortable and relaxing.
I'm only sad that there isn't a way to give this incredible hotel an even higher rating.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PennyM1
Clement_Management, General Manager at InterContinental The Clement Monterey, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear PennyM1, I am pleased to hear you found your way back after a previous visit with us, and that our associates were cheerful and helpful! We will always be pleased to see you here whenever you visit Monterey.
Best regards,
John C. Turner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was met at the door by the valet which costs extra. I knew that when I made the reservation. The person at the counter was very friendly and helpful. The room was perfect. It was located just right for my purposes. Found a great place for dinner at Fish Hopper. A nice place for drinks with live music. A block from Starbucks and down the street from the amazing Aquarium. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Victoria P
Nice, France
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Hotel has good standards. Clean and new. Rooms were nice. Is a pool on roof, but it is quite small. Valet parking is convenient. Breakfast fine, if a tad slow. Pity there is not much to do on Cannery row - lots of cheesy, tourist shops. One night is enough as a stop over.

Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ethee
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing time at the property so sad to check out. 5 star service from every corner. Valet remembering my name after two days. Sebastian at the front desk superb service! Rooms are perfect, they are super clean and comfortable. Fireplace nice touch. As a marriott rewards member I am glad I passed in the Marriott this one time.

Stayed March 2014
Dear morashid, We were pleased to have you here, and delighted that you found our associates to be helpful. We hope you won’t wait too long before your next visit!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2014

There could not be a better location nor a better hotel to stay at for a trip to Monterey. You are literally right in the center of all of the action. And what action it is. Reminded me of Niagara Falls. Bubba Gumps restaurant is literally in the parking lot of the hotel. Cannery row of Monterey is a very, very crowded place with very small streets (one lane each way). Pull up to valet parking, drop off your car and you will never want to get into it again until you leave. You can walk to everything including the beach which is probably oh uh, maybe one second from the hotel. The aquarium is right down the block. Tons of places to eat, shop, etc. The restaurant on property is superb. The hotel rooms are very large. The bathroom is luxurious. The bath products used are from a bath shop in San Francisco. There is a separate shower and tub. Beautiful bathroom. The room is luxurious. The staff beyond accommodating. I do not know what else you could want for if you stayed at this hotel. Our room had windows facing valet parking and the very, very loud Bubba Gumps in the parking lot. When I first put my card key in the door I was concerned and said to myself that I was probably going back downstairs to move my room since I realized what side I was on. Incredible, I heard absolutely, positively nothing. The windows are very insulated. I don't know what they use, but light sleepers will be very happy. Would not hesitate to recommend or return. Great hotel. Thanks Intercontinental for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank californiamom
Clement_Management, General Manager at InterContinental The Clement Monterey, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear californiamom, Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our hotel, our associates, and the surrounding area. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, and hope we will see you again very soon!
Best regards,
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at this property after having a not so good experience at a hotel in SF and decided to drive south to the bay. Our room was out of this world. We had a one bedroom ocean view suite. The huge tub, double fire place, deck with view, etc was out of this world. The staff was also so friendly and helpful. We asked for a recommendation of a great seafood place and the front desk guy gave us a top notch place that was awesome. The hotel sits in the middle of cannery alley and it is FUN. If you don't like the tourist feel, you might not like the location as it is all touristy around the hotel, but for us it was a fun area. We really really enjoyed our stay here and everything about it. It as relaxing and we will be back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear law&order, I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us, and found our associates friendly and helpful. I hope you won’t wait too long to return!
Best wishes,
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Clement is located right in the middle of Cannery Row, which makes its location superb. The aquarium and several shops and restaurants are all within walking distance.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and comfortable, equipped with a huge bathroom with separate shower and bathtub.

Cannot comment on the food nor the gym and pool facilities because we did not use them.

WiFi is not complementary unless you sign up for the Intercontinental Club.

Room Tip: You can ask for rooms with an ocean view.