I'm a bit critical of this place because it's an Intercontinental and the rooms can run $400-$500/night, and as such I expect a certain level of quality. Therefore I'm mentioning some things here that I would probably let slide in a lower-level brand. To be sure, this is a very nice hotel in a can't-be-beat location, but I must admit it's showing signs of wear and tear, specifically the carpets and hallways. It feels like it was an amazing property about 15 years ago. They cater toward weddings and large crowds, less toward families (example, the pool is a very small lap pool). Overall it's not a bad place but I expected more based on my other stays at Intercontinentals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey