The placement of this hotel is reminescent of an old world "birds" film as one wakes to the sounds of the water and the sea gulls. The restaurant options are immense, though we later learned that the gem of the city seemed to be the 'Old Fisherman's Wharf' where the whale watching embarks/disembarks. The marine life was astute to the mastery of the fish cleaning habits which provided for enchanting entertainment by the sea otters barking and the birds eating. The food was fresh by only a few hours of being caught and the gifts/purchases of salt water taffy, caramel corn/apples, novelties were bargain priced in this space compared to the newer wharf area surrounding the hotel. The bonus of this location is the fantastic Monterey Acquarium is neighbors to the Intercontinental - WELL WORTH THE ADMISSION. There was 1 small problem we experienced with the valet that was not informed as to where/when/how the car would be parked, however, a conversation with the front desk personnel cleared the matter up. Our room fee was in the $200's and no breakfast/drinks were available - considering there were no special events that evening, I'm confident they could have extended a little welcome, though there was none.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey