We loved staying in the Clement Monterey. It was perfect and just a very short distance to the aquarium, which we didn't think too much of for we have seen better ones. The location of the hotel is directly on the water at the back of the hotel with some nice views. The back big deck has a gas fueled fire pit and is large for viewing of the water. The hotel has outdoor eating with heaters and an indoor restaurant, but like the hotel, it is expensive. We were able to get a room with a balcony on a weekday night to rest and be close to everything and everything is just right there for $220.00, the best I can remember which is considerable less than regular prices. it is a very pretty hotel and very clean and we had a small balcony which we could see the part of the street. The room is very large and the bathroom was hugh with a live orchid. The tub and the shower are separate which really added to the beauty up of the bathroom. Our room also had a living bonsai tree which was really pretty too. There was a big comfy chair and a big footstool, plus another chair similar to a nice desk chair. We put a towel over the footstool and used it as a table to eat some fresh fruits and cheeses we got at one of the local grocery stores. The bed was comfortable and yes, we would stay again IF we could get this lower rate, Otherwise, we wouldn't for there are cheaper room in Monterey, but this hotel is handy and we really needed to stay in a bigger room for a night other than the small hotel rooms we had been staying from San Francisco and up Highway 1. We did not do valet parking for the parking for valet and general hotel parking is just across the street and the self parking is cheaper and very easy to get to and in the same parking garage and the walkway to get one's car is over. Save money and park yourself. Overall, this hotel room was exactly what we needed to get a really good rest in a large room, plus it is right there on the main street all the tourist shops and eating places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, IHG, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey