“Service with a smile.”

InterContinental The Clement Monterey
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Having just arrived from a drive from the Mark Hopkins in SFO my family of 4 and a dog, were looking forward to a shower (not the dog) and afternoon stroll along the boardwalk (with the dog). This was two days before judging for Concours d'Ellegance, so needless to say the staff was under pressure. I had reserved my rooms almost a year in advance and at check in was informed my room with dog allowances had been let. With one word to the clerk ,("So"), he opened up a room not intended for animals. As usual with Intercontinental,The Clement Monterey is a fine hotel, a must stay when visiting Cannery Row.
The hotel restaurant has a fine selection of French and California wines, fresh fish and mussles of course and a good selection of vegetarian dishes-off menu, but still well priced for the location.
Our rooms were spacious, modern and the beds very comfortable. Valet is the way to go for parking because the garage is difficult to access.

Room Tip: Actually, I prefer rooms on the north east side of Cannery Row. Across the bridge away from the ocea...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank MatthewL600
Clement_Management, General Manager at InterContinental The Clement Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Monterey. I am sorry to hear that your pet accessible room was not available when you checked-in but I am delighted to hear that our team was accommodating to your needs. I hope you and your family return to InterContinental The Clement Monterey again soon!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is an excellently located hotel with a great restaurant. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There are tons of restaurants in the area but the hotel restaurant is worth dining at. The staff was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AikiJudy,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed dining at The C Restaurant + Bar. We hope you return again soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Loved this location. I stayed here visiting my son in college. I valeted my car and forgot my phone in the car. Before I even knew it was missing, the phone was sent to my room. Now that's service!!! I loved that there was free internet, the in-room fire place and the excellent customer service. I had a 5 K in Pacific Grove so came back to the hotel for breakfast and a nap. Unfortunately, parents let their child (in the room above me) run, jump, flip and crash into things, then cry hampered me from sleeping. Not hotel's fault, so still give an excellent rating. Have had 5 children from14-25 never would allow the "circus" happen to disturb other guests looking for R & R. Overall hotel did a fabulous job of customer service and will definentely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Bonnie 12_10,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting your son. I am sorry to hear of the noise you experienced during your stay but pleased that you were able to enjoy your stay overall. I hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Monterey!

Warm wishes,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I always stay at this hotel when dropping off my son for the new school year at Robert Louis Stevenson, as well as during Parent's Weekend. The rooms are wonderful, and the staff always welcomes me back. The beds are incredibly comfortable, and the bathrooms are beautiful!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear almawilliams,

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel when visiting Monterey! It is a pleasure to have you stay with us every year and we are happy to have you as our guest. I look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a great property this is! The staff were as to be expected from an InterContinental property...second to none!! As an Ambassador member I was upgraded to an ocean view room with fireplace which was pretty sweet!

Room Tip: I was dead center of the hotel overlooking the ocean. Highly recommend the Clement Eggs Benedict fo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mike,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your complimentary Ambassador upgrade. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is just lovely. Rooms are clean, nicely decorated, LOVE the fireplaces in each room, we had a great water view. It is spread over two buildings, so one half of the hotel is across the road but there is a walk over bridge.
Beds very comfortable, bathrooms excellent.
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was also great, and who doesn't love to overlook the water.
Cannery Row is a cute little area, there is an Illy coffee shop and a starbucks right there, and quite a few wine tasting rooms nearby.
Very close to the Aquarium.
The 'pool' is like a small lap pool...... but there is a good size fitness room.

Room Tip: ask for a water view....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Annette,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Monterey. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and the Cannery Row area. I hope your future travels have you returning to InterContinental The Clement Monterey!

Warm wishes,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

As you would expect from this global brand the facilities and service match international standards. The hotel is located on Cannery Row in the heart of the new distric of the town. The sepctacular 17 mile drive is easily found from the hotel. Food and service in the dining room were not quite up to the level one would have expected, however, perhaps this was an exception.
Overall a lovely hotel and the staff were attentive and professional.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear bardswalk,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent visit to Monterey. I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay but am troubled to hear of your experience at The C Restaurant + Bar. I will share your thoughts with our management team so that we can continue improving our guest service. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.