El Castell Motel(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$221
$209
$360
$319
Hotel Pacific(Monterey)
$314
Official Hotel
  • Free Internet
Comfort Inn Monterey by the Sea(Monterey)(Great Value!)
$299
Spindrift Inn(Monterey)
$359
TripAdvisor
3,159 results
All reviewscannery rowvalet parkingbubba gumpocean viewbeautiful hotelperfect locationself parkvalet serviceper daygas fireplaceloved this hotelsea otterspacific groverestaurants and shopsbig suraquarium ticketsmain building
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed at the Intercontinental in Sydney and loved it so was excited to visit Monterey. We booked a Junior Suite and it was amazing! Right in the heart of the wharf and ideally situated. A very modern hotel inside, sympathetically designed and it fits right in with the local architecture of old canneries. A huge lounge and separate bedroom with good sized bathroom and plunge bath. We had a wonderful view - right on the ocean - and it was beautiful watching out for otters and seeing dolphins playing. On the recommendation of concierge we dined at Chart House which was a lovely experience and we also had a couple of lively cocktails in the C Restaurant at the hotel - all very nice. An initial slight concern were the number of weddings taking place whilst we were there but concern unnecessary as it made for an exciting atmosphere and the noise finished early enough not to disturb us in our room at night even though we were right above the terrace where one of the weddings took place. A MUST SEE is the Monterey Aquarium,  leopard, sand and hammerhead sharks, rays, otters, penguins (obviously had been listening to Barry White as were mating...), ocean sunfish, eels, beautiful seahorse section and the best bit for us was the jellyfish section with some outstanding photo opportunities of these delicate creatures. The tanks are jaw-dropping in size  with all different types of fish and shoals together winding in and out of the kelp forests.  Shopping opportunities abound plus lots of bars and restaurants - a smaller but better presented fisherman's wharf in comparison to San Francisco. A final mention to the hotel staff on reception and those on the door, even the valets couldn't have been more helpful.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hanandchewwy
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Here's my letter to the GM:

I had by far, in the history of my entire 20 year career in hospitality, the best check-in experience ever! Jaeson is to be commended, and the rest of the front office team was also incredibly gracious and accommodating. Valet ran smooth despite heavy traffic. The check in set the tone for the rest of the visit, which was absolutely phenomenal.

Tiny attention to detail, especially the sensory ones and the quality of accommodations were far beyond my expectations. The guestrooms and thoughtfully appointed rest-rooms are top-notch. Location and views are a given, but everywhere I turned there was a unique touch, visual or treat that delighted me. The overall excellence in quality, combined with the superb training and follow through by your staff in every department was very much appreciated and is strongly applauded.

I will highly recommend and am most grateful for having the opportunity to experience such an amazing weekend. Thank you and once again, hats off to your team.

Room Tip: Ask for fireplace
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Memorial weekend and we had 3 nights to explore an see Monterey, almost mission impossible with 4 adults and 2 littilies (4 &2) but the selection of the Intercontinental made it all possible - great location, service and quality all round.
Just to be able to come and go, no parking worries, ability to wander out the front door to the Aquarium 2 minutes away( great as the crowds were so great we were able to go back later in the day easily when the numbers were lower), the action alongside at the wharf was great and even though our rooms faced this and were on the 2nd floor, no noise issues.
The quality of rooms and the service impeccable,was not our cheapest stay, but for value it was tops .
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We actually liked having the view over the arrival area and the action on the wharf area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel really wowed us at almost every turn. The front desk is always amply staffed, and the service is not only prompt, but very professional and polite. There are only two minor things I would change with this hotel. First, the water pressure in the shower is quite low. Secondly, it would be nice if some of their ocean-view rooms had two beds. My non-romantic friend and I stayed in a room with a king bed in order to benefit from a delightful ocean view.
After our prompt check-in, we almost gasped at our beautiful room (#432--rooms with full ocean views are 432-436 and 332-336). The staff seems to anticipate almost every need. The desk has multiple electrical outlets, and a tiny zen rock garden. Next to our TV we found a bowl of fruit, a dark chocolate bar, an extra bottle of water (in addition to two bottles near our bed), a bonsai monterey pine, and a letter and business card from the general manager. There were also two small milk chocolates, and a plush sea otter with baby, on the pillows. A call to the front quickly got firmer pillows I prefer.
Water bottles were replenished both with the morning housekeeping service, as well as with the evening turndown service (complimentary). Even when we checked out following our 3-night stay, we were offered more bottles of water "for the road" (actually, we were going to take a little hike along the seashore in Point Lobos, so these waters came in handy!).
The concierge, unlike at a Hilton in which I stayed the prior week-end (Portland Executive Towers), didn't "double" as a doorman or anything else. The service seemed to be available morning, afternoon, and even evening. Even when we enjoyed evenings in the patio, servers came over to offer wine or drinks or appetizers (not free, of course). The hotel also offers a very full-service spa with a dozen or so different massages (including hot stone, aromatherapy, etc.). Prices were quite reasonable for a hotel of this category.
Even the bathroom was quite roomy. The bathtub itself was deeper and longer than most, allowing for a full soak, including my sore shoulder. Rooms were quiet with no hallway or outside noise (though I have read other reviews that there may be some noise if your room faces the parking garage). The location can't be beat, within easy walking of all Cannery Row amenities and the Aquarium. Few hotels have delighted me more. It's a bit of a splurge, but we certainly felt we got our money's worth.

Room Tip: Full ocean views in rooms 332-336 and 432-436. These rooms, I believe, all have King beds.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I visited Monterey CA and, based upon the recommendation of a friend, I went to the bar in the Intercontinental Hotel on the waterfront. The bar has a great view of the ocean and from 5 pm to 7 pm has a great deal on hor's doevres and drinks...1/2 price. The appetizers (calamari, hot wings, tuna, etc.) were excellent and a great value. The house wine was much better than I expected. The service was very good and overall, a great experience and a great value.

I highly recommend the bar and the experience at the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family