Stayed at the Intercontinental in Sydney and loved it so was excited to visit Monterey. We booked a Junior Suite and it was amazing! Right in the heart of the wharf and ideally situated. A very modern hotel inside, sympathetically designed and it fits right in with the local architecture of old canneries. A huge lounge and separate bedroom with good sized bathroom and plunge bath. We had a wonderful view - right on the ocean - and it was beautiful watching out for otters and seeing dolphins playing. On the recommendation of concierge we dined at Chart House which was a lovely experience and we also had a couple of lively cocktails in the C Restaurant at the hotel - all very nice. An initial slight concern were the number of weddings taking place whilst we were there but concern unnecessary as it made for an exciting atmosphere and the noise finished early enough not to disturb us in our room at night even though we were right above the terrace where one of the weddings took place. A MUST SEE is the Monterey Aquarium, leopard, sand and hammerhead sharks, rays, otters, penguins (obviously had been listening to Barry White as were mating...), ocean sunfish, eels, beautiful seahorse section and the best bit for us was the jellyfish section with some outstanding photo opportunities of these delicate creatures. The tanks are jaw-dropping in size with all different types of fish and shoals together winding in and out of the kelp forests. Shopping opportunities abound plus lots of bars and restaurants - a smaller but better presented fisherman's wharf in comparison to San Francisco. A final mention to the hotel staff on reception and those on the door, even the valets couldn't have been more helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey