I made a reservation for a partial ocean view room with a gas fireplace and got one on the ocean with a balcony large enough for two chairs. They really seem to have thought of everything (even bathroom slippers). The climate control and fireplace are easy to use; a flat screen TV and decent Sony iPod dock, and 7 available AC outlets near the bed & desk for your gadgets. Complementary bottled water (a good thing, since the local supply isn't great). It's the perfect treat if you want to go back and forth to the aquarium, which is a long block away: as convenient as you can get. The staff is eager to help. Minor complaints: 1) extra charges for internet (I have my own broadband card, so no big deal) 2) the self-park is around the next block, 3) Some of the furniture in the restful and elegant reading room is a bit frayed, 4) the pool and jacuzzi are small maybe a bit chill for this climate. You'll prefer this to the Monterey Plaza 1) for convenience to the aquarium, modern understated decor, and relatively short corridors. The Monterey Plaza has lonngg corridors and is a good walk to the aquarium, but the rooms are more colorful and plusher, there's a player piano in a spectacular craftsman style lobby, and the spa is well, gorgeous: a jacuzzi overlooking the ocean through glass fences with a gas fireplace next to it. So take your pick. Either is a treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new InterContinental the Clement Monterey is next to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium in the heart of John Steinbeck's historic Cannery Row. Many guest rooms and suites feature fireplaces, balconies and ocean views and all sparkle with stylish dÃ©cor. The picturesque hotel offers more than 1,393 square metres (15,000 square feet) of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including an oceanfront ballroom perfect for weddings, conferences and special events. The C Restaurant & Bar, spa, health club, pool, whirlpool, Kids Club and an oceanfront patio offer plenty of reasons to stay close, and Cannery Row s fashionable boutiques, delectable eateries, upscale galleries and vibrant street scene are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental The Clement Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Clement Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Intercontinental Monterey