“Take a break from shopping and enjoy.”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #66 of 312 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Either after I go shopping or go before grocery shopping at Whole Foods I love to grab some good food and drink at CBK. So many salads, sandwiches or deserts to indulge in. A nice open room with clean restrooms too and out door seating with heaters if needed. Give it a try!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

For a chain the food is great and prepared consistently. Staff is always friendly with good recommendations.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I went to the restaurant to please my friend who was spending the holidays in Monterey, CA from Paris, France. We both agreed this restaurant was by far the best place we have had lunch in a very long time. Patty was our server and she was great. She really went the extra mile because my friend did not speak English very well but is rather good in Spanish, so she provided service in Spanish. She even adapted her service and time to my friend’s customs since European people need more time than Americans. The presentation and the taste of the dishes and drinks were delightful. We were so impressed that we ended our meal with desserts. My French friend said these desserts were the only ones up to the level of French desserts. We will return and we will recommend it.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have been to this location many times, for lunch only, and have always had great service and friendly interactions with the staff. The food is fresh and hot and comes out of the busy kitchen very quickly. I tried a new Pesto Pasta with Chicken yesterday and it was very good. The sauce was a creamy pesto with sun-dried tomato. Add a little parmesan and red chili flakes and voila.
They also have a policy that if you do not like what they bring you, they will take it back and bring you something else. I don't know how you can go wrong with that.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I eat here a few times every month. Food is very tasty and there is a wide selection of dishes. The Avacado roll platter is so yummy. The Thai Chicken pizza ~ Wow!
Good selection of Wines too!
Very nice place to relax, not just a pizza joint. Try it you won't be sorry. It's our go-to place anytime.
KC, Max-C & Andy