“Across the street from Abrego”
Review of El Palomar

El Palomar
Ranked #232 of 304 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Clayton
“Across the street from Abrego”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was a single diner and was given a table in the bar area. It was uncrowded, only two other tables were occupied. Service was attentive and the food was good.

Visited August 2013

Durham, United Kingdom
“Tasty food and good cocktails”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We’d planned to eat at the Krua Thai but bizarrely it was closing at 8.45pm on a Saturday night. We spotted the sign for El Palomar and thought we’d give it a try. The special margaritas were great although they were deceptively strong. I had 3 and the room span a little as I got up to leave. I had carne asada tacos and my husband a burrito. They were both good and the portion size was generous. Service was also friendly and attentive. It’s far from the best Mexican food I’ve ever had but the bill would’ve been very reasonable if I hadn’t ordered so many cocktails! A decent option if you are staying in this area of town.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank joonstar
Modesto, California
“Good Food!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the third time we've eaten here and the food has always been very good. The service is good, the staff was friendly and polite and the place was clean.
It wasn't too busy so we didn't have to wait. All around we had a good dinner.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank nola m
Reno, Nevada
“Should be called el Malomar”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant was practically empty, clue number one. We ordered drinks. My Madori Margarita was super strong. They have an outdoor dining area with firepits which looked nice. I ordered a shredded beef enchilada and taco. I got a big plate with smidgens of food here and there. The beans tasted good but not freshly made. Rice was ok not salty. My enchilada had a large chunk of brown gelatinous substance. Wasn't beef fat. both the taco and enchilada barely had any actual meat. The flavor was bland. My husbands liked his burrito. He too had the brown chewy globs. The waitress just laughed when I asked her identify the blobs. Guess she didn't think I was serious. The restaurant turns into a Latin night club at 10 on Friday and Saturday. Plays good music. Probably the only good thing about this place.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Choli D
sacramento,ca
“Very nice place to eat”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Food was good and abundant. Service was great. Kind of hidden so look for it in the rear of a small shopping area

Visited June 2013