“good food and fair price”
Review of El Palomar

El Palomar
Ranked #232 of 308 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had carne asada tacos with beans and rice. The corn tortillas are good and the tacos were too. The beans and rice were on the bland side, but edible. Service was average. The best part was that it was within walking distance from Hotel Abrego were we stayed.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

El Palomar has been in Monterey for many years, It's an oldy but a goody ! The interior is a little old, but Service is great, true hospitality, our food was wonderful, my husband had Pozole, I had Rib Eye special, with wonderfully made rice and Beans. My Top shelf Margarita was excellent !!!
There's a great special at Costco right now for Gift cards. We'll be back for sure !

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Right across the street from the Monterey Inn. Sometimes they have mariachi music. Good margaritas too!!!!

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate here on our honeymoon.

The restaurant was right across from the hotel abergo which is where we were staying.

Service was friendly and prompt. The only downside was the restaurant was a little cold but it is a very large building.

The complimentary nacho chips and salsa were excellent and so tasty.

My wife had chicken fajitas and I had the beef tacos. Both dishes were excellent, full if flavour and tasted nice and fresh.
Both were served with really delicious rice and the best refried beans I have tasted.

Excellent food, would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Went there Sunday afternoon to get a drink and some snack food at their bar. Very friendly service, great wine and drinks. My bar tender took excellent care of me, without intruding in to my newspaper reading.