“Always Enjoy Dinner At Lucky's”
Review of Lucky's

Lucky's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Montecito
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Olive Mill Road
Description: LUCKY'S is widely known for its exclusive selection of USDA Prime steaks, live Maine lobsters, no-nonsense cocktails and world class wine cellar. LUCKY'S remains one of a rare few to honor the no nonsense steak dinner traditions. From the moment you’re greeted at you car by the valet, seated at your table, encouraged to roll up your sleeves, martini in hand, you are served. Are you ever served!There’s just no other eatery in Santa Barbara that practices the art of serving a prime steak dinner better than LUCKY'S.
Southern California
“Always Enjoy Dinner At Lucky's”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The lunch menu is just "ok", but the dinner menu is excellent. Our lunch favorites are the eggs benedict or the burger - both very good. Unfortunately they do not serve the potato skins on the lunch menu and the fries are limp. Dinner here is always delightful. The service is attentive. The soups and salads are very good. The steaks are of good quality, prepared perfectly to order and the potato skins are a must for us. Abalone is done well here. The wine list is very very good but also a tad expensive. There is a corkage policy and they don't mind if you bring your own wines. The bartender knows how to make a great cocktail. This is a place frequented by the locals, yet the staff treats everyone well. Good place and we enjoy the experience always. Yes, dinner is expensive but no different than the upscale steakhouses. Brunch is moderately priced. We drove up north, stopped here for lunch. On the way home, stopped for dinner. Both times, we were glad we did.

• Visited November 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
“Lucky's, Carol Burnet, Julia Child & us”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Maybe 10+ years ago, my wife & I sat near Carol Burnet in Lucky's...actually just one table away. We knew it to be popular with many celebs. (Julia Child was 2 tables away, too). My wife was facing Carol but to see her I had to turn all the way around, which I did, once. It was at that moment that she tugged at her left ear.... a traditional gesture of hers...so my wife said, yep, that's for sure her not just a look-alike. (She had quite recently gotten remarried so that dates this anecdote.)
After Martinis of perfection and a great dinner of just-right medium rare filets mignon, we prepared to leave when my wife approached the table of Julia Child, seated with a small entourage -- an assistant, a nurse, 2 other people & Julia in her wheelchair. So my unabashed wife said, "Julia, I have all of your cookbooks and I love you! May I kiss you?" and to this the ever gracious Julia Child said, "Of course, honey. Keep them, because one day they'll be valuable." (still have 'em). So my wife leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, receiving a warm smile in return.
These recollections serve only to underline the quality of our evening there which began with an excellent dining experience graced by attentive service.

• Visited December 2012
Paris, France
“Lucky for them!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I did expect more after what I had read about this restaurant, but discovered it was good, but could have been much better. Food OK, not out of this world, atmosphere ( Bar) good, service not-so-friendly I found.
A take it or leave it atmosphere, not too personal unless you are "known"...I was not, but that's life in some places, friendliness is not always included in the prices, unless you want to pay more for it (pay-for-a-genuine-smile, they're not-for-free!)

Visited October 2013
Southern California
“Yes: Lucky's of "Lucky Jeans"”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you want a burger or eggs benedict, both are excellent here during the Sunday Brunch. If you want a great steak for dinner, you will find that here as well. Steaks are always quality and cooked to order perfection. They make the absolute BEST potato skins - no they are not "loaded" up and they are not "greasy" or "cheesy" - they are simple and served with a nice dip. The only place I really enjoy ordering potato skins! The abalone is local fresh, prepared nicely. The salads are healthy, plentiful. The staff is top-notch, polished professionals. Many have been working here for years. Service is exactly as it should be. The dining room is classy, yet comfortable and relaxing. This is a really great steakhouse. Yes, they do know the locals but they also treat visitors with the same respect. Lucky created a wonderful steakhouse and for us, it is well worth the 50 minute drive every couple months to dine here.

• Visited August 2013
Naperville, Il
“Birthday Celebration at Lucky's (near Santa Barbara, Ca)”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I celebrated my birthday at Lucky's (near Santa Barbara) on October 1. Our experience was 5 star with the atmosphere, service and food excellent.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Lucky's? Share your experiences!