“Living on it's reputation and expensive!”
Review of Lucky's

Lucky's
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Montecito
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Olive Mill Road
Description: LUCKY'S is widely known for its exclusive selection of USDA Prime steaks, live Maine lobsters, no-nonsense cocktails and world class wine cellar. LUCKY'S remains one of a rare few to honor the no nonsense steak dinner traditions. From the moment you’re greeted at you car by the valet, seated at your table, encouraged to roll up your sleeves, martini in hand, you are served. Are you ever served!There’s just no other eatery in Santa Barbara that practices the art of serving a prime steak dinner better than LUCKY'S.
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Living on it's reputation and expensive!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I'd always been told about Lucky's in Montecito. It had a reputation for good food in an historic building - blighted for many years! Our first visit to Lucky's was a real disappointment. The staff and service was good. The menu has a fairly good selection and daily specials. The wine list is average but expensive. I had the calimari starter - deep fried with two dips - one of which was extemely spicey! This was followed by a chef's special - chicken pot pie. With this I ordered some home fries and creamed spinach. My friends had the duck, pork chop and steak as a main courses and ordered home fries, onion rings and mushrooms as sides. All the food was fairly good. My pot pie was actually quite small for $30 and very bland. The sides were all huge and pretty tasteless. In fact the onion rings would have done MacDonald's for a whole day! The pork chop was overcooked. The duck was actually good and the steak was adequate. The wine was good but expensive. Overall, the food was pretty mediocre and large portions don't make up for quality and taste. Expensive for what we got and not at all what I had hoped for. We had booked in again but cancelled. Living on it's reputation and needs someone like Gordon Ramsey to produce good quality food - especially at the prices they charge. Not a recommendation for anyone with a palette for good food!

Visited September 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Expensive but average”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Like many famious resturants Lucky's has seen better days, and better meals. The walls are covered with pictures of famious people who have dined there, but none recently. The menu is large and varied. Something for everyone. I had the 14 oz New York which looked exactly the same as my wifes 8 oz New York. It was good, but not great. With Ruth Chris being a ten, this was an eight. They pack the place, but it is a production line not fine dinning.

• Visited September 2012
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Another 10 in my book of dining experiences”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Lucky's is a bright and vibrant restaurant and bar. The food was spectacular - we had the bone in filet and the waiter was so knowledgeable about the sauces - we ended up having a red wine reduction sauce. We also had the salmon which just melted in our mouths - succulent and cooked to perfection with some sort of white wine butter sauce - also had mashed potatoes and spinach. If we could have - we would have licked our plates clean the food was just so delicious. Hope I can visit here again - although I live on the East Coast - I would make certain to visit this restaurant when I am on the West Coast again. The wait staff are super attentive to your every needs. Very interesting place with a higher level of noise - every table was filled and this looks like the happening place in gorgeous Montecito.

• Visited August 2012
“I like Luckys”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I like luckys and try to go when I am up from LA. I find the food
Really good( go to there menu on line).Cesar Salad the best,
Lamp and Steak delicious).they have daily specials like Chicken Pot pie or Beef Sraganoff. Don't like the bar scene that much , it's on the loud side and last time I went a man and woman were making out at the bar for about 20 minutes which I found distasteful and gross,but I continue to go because the food is so good.

Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Great service Food not so much.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fun atmosphere, very happening bar. The Luckys salad was a ten but the other dishes we had were threes

Visited September 2012

Been to Lucky's? Share your experiences!