Tripadvisor

“Romantic dinner ”
Review of Caruso's

Caruso's
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Montecito
Description: Caruso’s oceanfront restaurant features al fresco seating over the sand alongside a stylish and sparkling interior with unmatched views of the Pacific Ocean. At Caruso’s, Chef Massimo introduces a taste of Southern Italy to coastal Montecito through signature dishes that utilize the highest-quality ingredients sourced from neighboring farmers, fisherman and ranchers.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent fine dinning experience!!!! From soup to nuts everything is superb. Beginning with the dinning room that has an unobstructed view of the ocean the experience is magical. Dishes are creatively and carefully prepared with well sourced ingredients. A food lovers dream.

Date of visit: July 2019
chefmassimofalsini, Chef at Caruso's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Romantic Dinner,
Grazie mille for visiting Caruso's.
We are glad that you enjoyed the experience and humble from your feedback.
We are so fortunate to be able to cook in a such a wonderful place!
I look forward to see you at the Restaurant.
Warm Regards,
Chef Massimo

Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed January 5, 2020

I absolutely fell in love with this gorgeous beach front restaurant in Santa Barbara. The restaurant was busy because of the holiday season, yet my date and I enjoyed dining here very much. Very spacious and private with good lighting. Nice breeze, yet, they have heated lamps, too. Very cosy but upscale feel. Being from NYC, I often experience dining in a crowded tight space, even at a nice restaurant everyone is on top of each other, so this was such a nice California experience for me.

The food was delicious. Lots of fresh seafood dishes. My date and i shared bunch of different dishes. Absolutely loved the halibut, grilled octopus, and yellowtail carpaccio. All tasted delicious! We even tried ragu pasta, and it was so good!!

The service was great as well. Each table seemed to have multiple waiters taking care of, so everything was very smooth and very professional. Our main waiter was very friendly, too.

I highly recommend this restaurant and will absolutely come back for sure. We saw couples, group of friends, family, etc... Like I said, it's a spacious place that works for everyone!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Mitsu0420
chefmassimofalsini, Owner at Caruso's, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Hello Mitsu,
Thank you very much for joining us for dinner @ Caruso's.
We are humbled from your kind words and certainly we will share with the team.
I see that you enjoyed the seafood; this is a part of the menu that we really take pride of especially supporting local fishermen and stay sustainable.
We look forward to see you soon at the Restaurant.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 31, 2019

We came here with another couple. A few days before our reservation we wanted to have two other friends join us. The restaurant could not accommodate the additional people so just the original 4 went. There were other empty tables, so I’m not sure why they could not seat our two additional friends, That was a disappointment. Other than that, the quality of the food and the service was top notch. The duck entree was especially delicious. The prices on alcohol are severely elevated - $25 cocktails and a wine markup of 300%. Other than that, we enjoyed our dining experience very much.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Lara R

Hello Lara R.
Grazie Mille for visiting Caruso's. Please accept my apologies if there was a misunderstanding on the reservation process. We are glad that you enjoyed the experience, I will make sure to share with Julio our Grill Chef that you really enjoyed the Duck.
Thank you for sharing feedback on alcohol pricing we will surely look into that.
I hope you will visit us back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me directly thru the resort
E mail.
Warm Regards

Reviewed November 2, 2019

The restaurant is an idyllic setting, right on the beach. Beautiful blue and white table settings compliment the ocean and nautical theme infused in the elegant décor.
Service is impeccable and the food outstanding. (Heirloom tomato and Burrata salad, Crispy Salmon and Cioppino, finished off with a delicious Tiramisu)

Date of visit: October 2019
Trek38785382777, General Manager at Caruso's, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2019

Dear Waynem114,
Thank you for the 5 star review! And so thrilled that you loved the food. We hope to see you again soon!
Aaron

Reviewed September 18, 2019

The menu offered four courses with unique dishes. The meal was delicious and potions were not skimpy. The service was excellent

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank molchananne

Dear Molchananne,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We hope to see soon!
Aaron

Been to Caruso's? Share your experiences!