“Never again!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Montebello
Santa Ana, California
“Never again!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

On August 11th 2012. My wife and I got a reservation to this "4star" hotel. Orginally I had called the week before and I was told the hotel was fully booked. I was told that I can be put onto a waiting list and they would call me if a room becomes available. Acouple days passed and I seen online that some rooms became available so I booked a "Gulfcourse View" room. Two days later a rep from the hotel called to try to sell me on a more expensive room without gulf course view. I had told her I booked a better room for a cheaper price and all she said was "oh ok, thank you bye".

Now the day of the reservation we go to the hotel earlier than expected. The tempature was easily 100degrees. I was hoping to check into the hotel earlier (1pm) because of the heat. I was told by staff I can not check in until 3pm. Frustrated because of the heat, I asked if we can hang out by the pool until our room becomes available. I was told," No, the pool is only for guest." Then I asked where can I go meanwhile and all they said was,"theres a mall 2 freeway exits down." I told them, "I'm not from the city and I didnt want to drive around and get lost." They said," oh sorry" and kept helping someone else. We ended up going to a hot a muggy Cafe next store.

We lost track of time and 3:30pm came across and our room was still unavailable and staff werent too helpful. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. I paid alot of money for bad service and a room that had a view of trees not a golf course.

I wish I could get my moneyback!

andymejia714@yahoo.com

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MrMejia714
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear MrMejia714,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for not being able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I would have felt the same way if I were in your place. We value your comment as we need to know where we fall short. We will definitely strive for improvement to ensure our guests a pleasurable experience and we are committed to this. Please allow me to invite you and stay at our hotel again and give you a much better experience and I assure you that you will never say never again.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night while visiting family in the Montebello area. The hotel is located on the Montebello golf course, and it has all the basics: is clean, good bed, high-end desk chair, flat screen TV, free wifi. Mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker. I would recommend upgrading to a golf course view room, as the view is nice, and it puts you on the side away from the golf club's party facility that is rented out on weekends.

Breakfast is either buffet or cooked to order (same price), and I thought it was great. In all, a good stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank casaros
Dear casaros,

Thank you for your nice comments! We also appreciate that you pointed out some of our amenities and we are happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

Jamaica
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I were traveling for the first time with family ( small kid ) to LA and we wanted to stay before a trip to Vegas and around, the hotel was very comfortable with a suit, and easy for kids with great golf course and view from the room. It was a perfect way to relax after long flight to LA

Room Tip: Room with Golf course view are great and if possible get the mini suit, it is nicely spacious and eq...
Dear pariluna,

Thank you for your very nice comments and for giving us high marks in the different categories! We are very happy that we were a part of your perfect way to relax after a long flight to L.A. We hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn is located about 10 miles from Downtown LA with easy access to CA-60. While it is not close to any particular location, it is in a great place if your trip will take you to several parts of town. A business traveler who will be visiting the industrial areas nearby will find this to be a well-equipped hotel that is comfortable, friendly, clean and in the right location for easy access to the intended destination. It is not luxurious, but it is certainly welcoming. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The pool area was well maintained. In-room WiFi was quick and responsive. The bed slept well, and linens were warm and well-maintained. The rate I paid (during a weekend) was worth every penny. The immediate neighborhood outside the golf course doesn't have a lot to offer, but the towns nearby have many restaurants, shopping centers and similar venues.

Dear Jon C,

Thank you very much for your very nice comments! Thank you for giving us high marks in the different categories, perfect marks actually on the four out of six categories! We really apreciate this! We also appreciate how well you described our location and proximity to other places, our friendly and accomodating staff, and our different amenities. We are committed to make your stay with us a pleasurable one. We look froward to having you again at the Hitlon Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello.

Gouda, The Netherlands
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,149 helpful votes
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Week verbleven in HGI Montebello, en voelde als home away from home. Gratis ontbijt met pancakes, omeletten en wafels voor gezin, obv gold ViP bij Hhonors. Extra gratis stuff from pantry ook, service Great, front desk director Very good on little incident with loud guest that was arrested by police, we kregen compensatie voor het ongemak. Kortom, good value for money!

7 Thank Danny R
Dear Danny R,

Thank you for your very nice comments and we do appreciate the high marks you gave us in the different categories! It is always very heartwarming for us when a guest tells us that they feel like they are home away from home and we are very happy that we made you feel that way! We hope to see you again soon!

Platte City, Missouri
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn during a business trip to Los Angeles, and it it a very nice and relaxing hotel with good service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank GermanyTwinsFan
christine_chen, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear GermanyTwinsFan,

Thank you for your nice comment and for giving us high marks on the different categories specially on cleanliness and service! We look forward to having you again at The Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This hotel is in East LA, situated next to a golf course, and even though I was alone in the room, I felt very safe. The lobby was airy and had a fireplace. The room was sizeable and nicely decorated with king bed, chair and ottoman and work desk. Free WiFi was provided in the room, but was very slow. There was also a small fridge, microwave and a nice flat screen TV.

There was a small store near the lobby, which came in handy. We overindulged at lunch, so it was a nice option to grab a microwaveable soup and soda and have a light dinner. The only real complaint was hearing dogs barking outside during the night, but that was beyond the hotel's control.

There was a mixup on our corporate rate when my bill was delivered, but it was quickly resolved with a phone call from our corporate travel coordinator. I was given a corrected bill at checkout with no trouble whatsoever.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid outside noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Marci M
Dear Marci M,

Thank you for your nice comments! We appreciate that you even pointed out some of our strong points and gave us high ratings on the different categories, specially service. We are actually located in the City of Montebello. We are happy thaty ou enjoyed your stay wtih us and we look forward to having you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello!

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montebello
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
Comfort Inn Monterey Park
#3 of 4 in Monterey Park

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Montebello? Share your experiences!