“Eastside Chic”

Cross street: Poplar
Los Angeles, California
“Eastside Chic”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by this place - its location is a bit off to the area but its a nice upscale addition to the neighborhood. Its off a very busy street, Beverly Blvd, but its easily accessible by the large parking lot. Its a large space - a full separate bar area, a full dining room and what appeared to be a good sized banquet room. All accessible by separate entrances but connected through the mutual shared space of the dining area.

I want to address the "portion" issue - I agree with Hoang, I think that as American's we have grown accustomed to the huge, and in my opinion, obscene portion sizes that restaurants think is a suitable. No this isn't Claim Jumper, this isn't Sizzlers 'all you can eat shrimp,' nor is it a buffet. Its a bistro! The portion size is what it should be. With the obesity problem this country is facing its refreshing to visit a restaurant in which dining means eating to your comfort and being satisfied instead of being overfilled and then taking home a tacky styrofoam container full of "leftovers" in order to make you feel like you "got a good deal."

Pros:
- Decor was contemporary, upscale, simple and chic.
- Service was prompt and very attentive.
- Food was tasty, served in prompt manner and well plated.

Cons:
- Drinks need some improvement, they seemed a bit weak.
- Music during the "club" was bleeding into the restaurant and is distracting. Perhaps they can figure out how to 'tone it down.'
- Smokers loitering in the parking lot, the place is spacious, why can't they come up with an area for them to congregate in? I know they have a death wish already by smoking but I don't want to accidentally run one of them over at night while they are wandering around a dark parking lot.

Overall I say, 'Well done Antigua! Good luck & I hope you'll expand to a few more East SGV locations!" Recommended!

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank flacaSandra