All reviews bacon yogurt russian river the river bar and restaurant german food rooms are small the owner room was clean great complimentary breakfast desk clerk a great stay next morning on site restaurant apple strudel short drive first floor
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2019

We loved our room with a balcony overlooking the Russian River. The breakfast was delicious with homemade coffee cake and other goodies in addition to bacon and eggs. The restaurant was also very good and included some good items in addition to the German entrees. The interior of the lodge was very attractive and distinctive. Overall a wonderful place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2019

I just attended the perfect wedding at the Highland Dell, and there is a great back story!
The wedding had been planned for almost almost a year for the middle of May. In late February there was a 25 year historic flood and the highland Dell was under water - the entire first floor. Not to worry the owner -Herb said- I will have it ready for you by your wedding day and you will have brand new dance floors........AND HE DID! It was beautiful, brand new and had its same original charm. Amazing. Then on the wedding day, Mother Nature stayed with the rain theme and it rained, poured. Not to worry Herb said , I have plan B.....AND HE DID.- The tables were rearranged and the ceremony was moved indoors and it was perfect!
The venue has an enormous room that has so much character and one wall that is all windows over looking the river, the bridge and mountains and the views are beautiful- rain or shine! It was also convenient to have the hotel on site, each morning we were able have breakfast and visit with all the close friends and family.
I loved the ambiance, the setting, the food, the cool vibe of the place - but most of all the owner- regardless of what was thrown his way, he made sure the wedding day was perfect.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

This place is so quaint . Located right on the water , the Highland Del Lodge is an old fashioned Bed and Breakfast . We came in on the groupon price point , since the place was low occupancy, the manager upgraded us free of charge without us even asking. We got a balcony that overlooked the river. We went to Jenner and the nearby golf course .

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 relaxing nights ! Accommodations Were updated at no additional charge to us because we mentioned to say when booking our room that I couldn’t do stairs ! Very thought & nice ! We had 2 room with decks that looked down to Russian River . We would not hesitate to stay here again And as a natter of fact our daughter bought us a gift certificate two years ago that unfortunately because of a passing in our family we have not been able to redeem it yet but when I called it the proprietor owner told me no problem he would honor it as long as we had it which made me smile and very happy so we will have to try and take advantage of that real soon here lovely accommodations it will not disappoint !!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2019

What a blast to take my mom on a road trip! Highly recommended! We stopped at Marshall's and ate oysters on our way to Monte Rio, so were not that hungry for dinner. Loaf of good bread, tomato, cheese from the Point Reyes cheese factory, a nice dark porter beer, and we were set. Sat in our room with it's little balcony overlooking the river, and just enjoyed life.
The setting is beautiful, the proprietor is very accommodating, and they had a lovely breakfast spread. The lodge could use a little sprucing up.
One bit of advise when traveling with elderly: take a night light. None of the places we stayed had night lights and I worried about my mom getting up in the middle of the night and not being able to see where she was going.

Date of stay: June 2018