“Small Wedding at the Village Inn”

The Village Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Village Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Monte Rio
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bohemian Highway
Transit: Sonoma County Transit bus 20 is convenient, as is Bill's Taxi at (707) 869-2177
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I recently got married at the Village Inn. I had never even been to California before so all of my arrangements were made online and over the phone with the owner, Mark.

Everything from the venue, to the service, to the food was better than I had even envisioned. Mark really went out of his way to make sure that my day was extra special, as did his entire staff. We got married outside under the gazebo in the patio area which was decorated with Chinese lanterns. The back-drop was a well manicured lawn and garden area right along the Russian River. The dining experience was incredible - truly fine dining, right down to the wine pairing with the appetizers that were selected. I would highly recommend the Village Inn as a special events venue.
The ambience was very nice and consistent with fine dining (medium-to-low lighting and beautiful art work on the walls).

Also, my parents stayed for several nights at the Inn and they were equally impressed with the experience.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The owners were so happy to help you with whatever you needed. They had inside and outside seating. Great view of the river. The rooms were very comfortable. We had the best sleep. There were rooms in the main house and rooms across the garden. The garden was very well maintained. No loud parties allowed. We came after dark and they had our room waiting.
This area of the river was the best spot since you had enough parking and being close to the bridge. We did go in and out of wifi but that was ok with us vacation from the phone.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

What a place!! A perfect setting on the river, a view of the river at any table, wonderful food and bar! Being at the The Village Inn makes us feel like we are in France! And at night time, the inn takes on a 'glow of romance' and 'uniqueness thru-out it's location! And the food!! We have NEVER been disappointed with our service, our wines and especially the food! Wow, the food..
This place is our treasure, that we are willing to share with you, but 'keep it a secret!'

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We wanted to try something new and so headed to the Village Inn and Restaurant in Monte Rio, CA. We did make reservations, not knowing if it would be crowded. The food was wonderful: I had the Salmon and it was cooked perfect; my husband had the pasta dish special, and said it was very good and that he'd definately order it again. The soup of the day was a Cauliflower Bisque and was so good, I could have made a meal on it, along with the homemade baquette. Our waitress, Lana, was very attentive, but not overbearing, and not once did we feel like we were being rushed. We acutally arrived a little early, so sat in the bar and had coffee fbefore dinner. We don't drink, but there is a full bar available, and a great selection of wine. We did have dessert (although we definately didn't need it). The Meyer Lemon Cheesecake is the best, and the Tiramisu was like heaven. I would highly recommend the Village Inn and Restaurant. Oh, and there are rooms available too, either overlooking the garden, or a River view.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Beautiful and serene outdoor sitting with view of Russian River. Food is equal to the experience. One of the better places to take someone special for for that special occasion.