1. Interesting and historic building, at a beautiful setting in an ecclectic No. California town.
2. Breakfast! Full, complete, delicious, wholsome. Forget lunch.
3. Inside is like a museum with treasures from around the world.
4. Teatime conversation and treats.
5. Towel warmer, featherbed and gas fireplace, no tv.
6. Relaxing, quite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Goose & Turrets is an old-fashioned B&B where you are pampered with comfortable beds and generous four-course breakfasts. There is also an afternoon tea of freshly brewed teas from around the world accompanied by savouries and sweets - in a setting of lively conversation. The house was built in 1907 as a grocery, post office, and town hall. After its long and checkered history, the Hoche-Mongs converted it into a bed and breakfast in 1983 and have been welcoming happy guests ever since. It sits in an acre of gardens which contains an Appalachian courting swing, two hammocks, and a bocce ball pitch. Montara Beach is a half-mile walk away as is a terrific Peruvian restaurant with a huge view. Nearby one may fish, kayak, go whale watching, aero-sightseeing, beach combing, hiking, biking, antiquing, shopping in quaint stores at Princeton Harbor and in Half Moon Bay, explore Montara Mountain or go down the coast to Pescadero's famous restaurant and market or continue to Año Nuevo to encounter mammoth elephant seals. On a foggy day, you may choose to just sit by the fire and read and listen to classical music. It's a good place for adventure and for complete lethargy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The Goose and Turrets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.