“Departed before check-in!”

Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had booked this hotel for one night as our original choice (Courtyard Pasadena) was full. My husband went inside to check-in, and came out a few minutes later to say we weren't staying. The local area seemed unappealing. While waiting in the car, the people going in and out looked rough. The hotel was very old, right next to the freeway, the receptionist rude and had a 'couldn't care less' attitude towards a Marriott Platinum member. Overall it just felt to be a grim place to be. Avoid!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear PinkPav,

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip advisor. I am sorry that your first impression of our hotel fell below your expectations. I am not sure the route that you used coming to our hotel, but the surrounding area is quite charming. We are quaint little hotel, nestled in the mountains, making us very different form the City of Pasadena. We have a variety of leisure groups that take advantage of our location. We are moderately priced with complimentary parking and just a short drive to many different destinations.

I am sorry that you did not get a chance to see all of our great hotel offerings. If you would like to give us another try, please contact me directly to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Staff is friendly and wonderful. Checked in and they invited me to a manager's reception. Room was musty smelling and plumbing wasn't great. Very old property. You can hear the cars on the freeway all night.

• Stayed: August 2013
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Richard Y,

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip advisor. I hope that you enjoyed our manager’s reception. It is always nice getting to know our guests. Thank you for recognizing our staff. I am sorry that the room you stayed in had a musty smell. I would love it if you could contact me and let me know the room that you stayed in. We are getting ready for an exciting renovation. I hope that you are able to join us again. Our renovation will be completed early 2014.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great location. Right off of the freeway and surrounded by shopping centers. Tons of places to eat within walking distance which was important cuz we didn't have a car. The reviews about freeway noise had us worried a bit, but it wasn't THAT bad and our room was on the 3rd floor literally face to face with the freeway, AND I'm a light sleeper. The room and bathroom were clean, and you gotta love a hotel that offers free internet. A few small drawbacks tho. The reviews about hallway noise are true. You hear doors shutting throughout the day which was a little annoying. Also, the bathroom is tiny. Only room for one person at a time. It was just me and my wife so it wasn't a big deal for us, but a group of 3 or more might be a little inconvenient. Nevertheless, an enjoyable and comfortable stay for us. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear johnhuhlee,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am happy to hear that you were able to get out and see the lovely surrounding areas of Monrovia. It is great to see that you were able to use our complimentary internet. Our engineering department was made aware of the door shutting noise. We are looking at different options to reduce the noise in our hallways. If you plan to be back in the area, please contact me directly to assist you with reservations.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

One-night stay due to a business meeting in the ballrooms the next day. Great value for the price. Room had a comfy bed , ample work surfaces, and many power outlets for electronics. Dylan was very prompt at check-in. Leslie at the front desk helped printing boarding passes when the business center printer malfunctioned. I didn't get his name, but the bartender is very, very friendly and provides a great value in cocktails during happy hour.

Location is very convenient to the 210, but the downside is the freeway traffic noise. I kept the A/C running and it's white noise took care of the issue for me. Something to consider if you're a light sleeper.

My experience, however, was above my expectations and I would definitely consider a repeat stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ivan C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. I see that some of our team members went above your expectations; it is always great to see the associates named, so that we can properly thank them, for taking care of our valued guest such as yourself. On behalf of the team at Courtyard by Marriott Monrovia, Thank you!! We look forward to your next trip to our hotel.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Monrovia, California while on vacation. Our room was small but extremely clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The only thing that we did not like about our room was that you good hear the freeway noise in our room.

The dining room was nice and had good food at a reasonable price. There are lots of restaurants close by.

The swimming pool is outside and the water was the perfect temperature; not too warm but not too cold.

The staff was very friendly and very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear blaine 1291,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a great review on Trip advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable room. We do have several great restaurants in the area but, I really love the food at our hotel as well. I am glad you were able to relax out at the pool. The staff at the hotel is always eager to help. Please reach out to me directly to assist you on your next reservation to our hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed four nights recently for a business and was very happy with the experience. The room was quiet at night, the staff was helpful, the fitness center was small but with newish equipment. I enjoyed being walking distance to multiple restaurants as well as a Trader Joe's and Sprouts. My room rate included the breakfast buffet where you could get eggs to order without a wait.

Room Tip: Stay on the opposite side of the highway to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear RikkiP,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Monrovia. Our local restaurants and shops are great, and most are within walking distance. On your next visit if you work out requires more equipment, we do have connections with our local gyms and a minimal cost. Please let me know when you are returning to the area and I can make gym arrangements for you. I am happy to hear about your positive experience and look forward to meeting you personally.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband is staying there for past few days for an important buisness meeting and he is facing trouble for using Wi Fi which is not going to be provided in room for which he is getting much problem to do his office work, as per hotel's room details the internet facility should be given in the room but not provided which is in general provided for 24 hrs in other hotels and the staff is also not helpfull at all.. I am also very worried as i am not able to talk with him over skype as much due to very very limited usage..

Room Tip: Make sure and confirm that all facilities will be provided as per hotel's commitment before book...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Tiya_Saha,

Please have your husband contact me directly. We have complimentary WiFi as well as hardwired internet in all of our guest rooms and Lobby. This is offered complimentary along with our complimentary business center. We have not been notified of any guest issues or difficulties trying to utilize our internet connection. I would be more than happy to assist your husband with the connection to our internet. Again I am sorry to hear that he is having trouble with the internet. That must be very frustrating. I can be reached at 626-531-8011.

Best regards,

Colleen

Colleen P. Langford
www.marriott.com/LAXMR

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia? Share your experiences!