“Right off the 210”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Las Vegas, NV
“Right off the 210”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Older structure in the midst of its public spaces being renovated. One elevator (of two) down while we were there made for a long delay. Rooms are adequate and clean with small bathrooms. Every room has a view of the 210 freeway as the hotels location is literally right next door. Traffic noise noticeable but not overwhelming.

A variety of nearby amenities for dining, fuel and attractions. Head to Leroy's 1/4 mile down the street for breakfast. Leroy's has been there since the 1940's and what it lacks for in decor it makes up for it with its quality food and portion size at half the price of the hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank clpj
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear clpj,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a great review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our local eateries. We are nestled in a great little city with establishments that have lots of history and great food. I am sorry to hear that our elevator was down during your visit. We try and schedule routine maintenance when it has the least impact on our guest. I apologize that it happened while you were staying with us. I hope that you will choose the Courtyard by Marriott Monrovia, when you and your family visit the area again. If I can personally assist you with reservations, please contact me directly.

colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
League City, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We loved the hotel being located right of the freeway and walking distance to many eateries. Being surrounded by several restaurants and small grocery stores made it nice to have a variety of eating options. The room was slightly below average and the bathroom was a bit small. They do offer daily continental breakfast in the lounge as well as happy hour M-Thurs at the bar. Overall, it's okay, we will stay again simply because its close while visiting family and we are Marriott Rewards members. Would be nice if there was a nicer Marriott closer.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear clrdo82,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a nice review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of the local eateries. We are nestled in a great little city. I am sorry to hear that our rooms fell below your expectations. We are gearing up for a very exciting renovation. Our guest rooms will look fabulous and I am sure our new look will be more to your liking. The next time you are here visiting family, please let me know. I would love to meet you and go over your concerns personally.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice location but very close to the freeway. Noisy location. Close to Pasadena, Racetrack. Unfortunately I stayed during a time when the hot water (boiler) went out. Front desk did a nice job of offering and handling the event.

The evening bartender is great. He will "Absolutely" make you feel welcome. Thanks Boss for making a business traveler laugh and feel welcome.

Stayed June 2013
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear C M,

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff and the location of the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the boiler going out during your stay. Unfortunately, this was not something that we could foresee. We made every effort to expedite this repair, and we were able to get the boiler back up and working in just a few hours. I do realize that this was still and inconvenience and for that I am very sorry.

Delaware
Reviewed June 28, 2013

LOTS of place around the hotel! in-n-out down the street :) The breakfast is pretty good! I was a little disappointed with the gym. The rooms were clean and nice and everyone was friendly. We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear BrandBookworm,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and its surrounding area. Our hotel is nestled in such a great location. Please contact me directly before your next visit, I would be more than happy to set you up with one of our neighboring gyms. We have special arrangements with the neighboring gyms, for our guests that need more fitness alternatives.

San Marino, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff at the hotel was AMAZING when it came to the day of our daughters sweet16. The food was great the staff was there at every minute that I needed them. Even throughout the planning process I did not have to worry, the catering team put me at ease every time I had a problem in mind. I cant thank them enough for their efforts in making my family happy and also my daughter's day, one that she will always remember. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Coco1528,

Thank you for your fabulous review on Trip advisor. We are so happy that you chose us to be part of your daughter’s 16th birthday celebration. You were a pleasure to work with. We look forward to working with you again!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful. I requested a room facing the mountains and got it. The room was clean. The bathroom was sufficient in size. Free wifi and coffee. Lots of stores within a 5 minute walking distance: Trader Joe's, Applebees, Panda Express, etc.

The buffet breakfast, which was included in my room rate was a feast.They even make personalized omelet. The lobby bar has a happy hour from 4:30 to 7:00 (?) and sells beer for $1.

This is not a luxury hotel and doesn't pretend to be one. For me, it's a clean, quiet, no fuss hotel at a standard rate that's close to Pasadena Old Town, Arcadia, Glendale and even LA (30 minutes). This is a very good hotel at the price range they charge.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the mountains but away from the freeway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Colleen L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Good afternoon, Norvyn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on trip advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our neighborhood shops, restaurants and most importantly our hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Colleen

www.marriott.com/LAXMR
Katy
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were impressed with the very friendly and helpful staff. We had a lovely view of the San Gabriel mountains from the 7th floor hotel room. The hotel is convenient to lots of places such as Huntington Library, Caltech, Pasadena, and lots of stores are closeby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greetings, Katy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words on Trip advisor. Our team here is always appreciative when recognized. We are nestled in a beautiful area.. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Colleen
colleen.langford@cymonrovia.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia? Share your experiences!