DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Tremendous stay! Super staff! Rooms were clean and appointed with amenities that allowed me to work when I needed to and relax when it came time for that too. Breakfast was full of great healthy choices. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night after attending a band competition in Chino Hills. We used Honors points to book the room. We had a late check in and received a very warm fresh cookie at the desk. The parking and wifi are free. That is about the only good things I have to day about the hotel. We requested a room near the elevator. Big mistake. All night long we heard the elevator going up and down. Sounded like it was in our room. Also, the furniture design, while trendy and attractive is not practical. It was a struggle to get up from the bed, as it sits very low to the floor. No bathtub, we wanted a hot bath after sitting all day and evening in football stadium. We were cold and wanted a warm soak in the tub. Also the sink and counter design were not designed well. Very small counter top area to put put toiletries, curling iron, etc. Lighting was not good in the bathroom or at the desk. Sink sits on top of the counter which I did not like at all. Big screen TV but had to struggle to get it away from the wall and tilted around towards the beds. Most hotels I have stayed in have some sort of complimentary breakfast. We just wanted a cup of coffee, maybe some juice and a bagel. No complimentary breakfast here. I don't like to complain about a room that we booked using points, but it seemed like all the comforts I am used to in a hotel were missing from this property. We will be wiser next time when booking a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for a night because he had to be in the area for wedding events. It was the most decent hotel for the price in the area. To pay for the hotel I used my Citi Card and used some of my points to get a little bit of a discount on the room. After I had booked the room I called to let them know that we would be checking in late, that we wanted a mountain view room and that we were Hilton Honors. She took my Hilton Honors number and added it to our reservations.

Upon arrival it was about 10 pm and we were very tired. When we checked in they gave us a room on the second floor not on the Hilton Honors floors. When we got to the room we had a beautiful view of the parking lot. The room was very clean. Our bathroom door would not close all the way. It felt like the bathroom was in the room. There was not good lighting in the bathroom. If you want privacy in the bathroom, you most likely will not get it. Opening the curtains in the morning was a struggle. We had a hard time sliding them over. They would get stuck in a couple of places. In the morning our hallway was very noisy with people speaking very loudly and slamming doors. Oh and we had to wait for cookies and they weren't even warm. We were disappointed with our stay but at least the room was clean and the bed was somewhat comfortable. Although the blanket did not keep me warm in the middle of the night so it was kind of chilly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel N, Sales Coordinator at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the area. As a Hilton Honors member we strive to make your experience the best possible and we apologize that we have failed to meet your expectations. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we work to improve our on-property experience. We hope you will give us another try so we may demonstrate our commitment to your loyalty to the Hilton Brand.

Best Regards,
Daniel Nguyen - Sales Coordinator
dnguyen@doubletreemonrovia.com

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Although the hotel has a no smoking policy, that may not prevent you from getting a room that smells of smoke (cigars). Hotel staff should be better trained to identify this problem, especially before Hilton Honors members receive the room in that condition.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Furniture was too low. The staff was unfriendly and not knowledgeable of the area. The bottled water in the room was too expensive. There was no vending machine on our floor. Poor bathroom design and dangerous position of selves. Watch your head if you bend over to get toilet paper from under the counter you will hit your head on the corner of the shelf. Long dresses don't fit in the closet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Barbara,

I’m very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.

Best Regards,

Luis Plascencia

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have stayed at this DoubleTree a few times. I have family and friends in the area and for business it is not too bad of a drive into LA. The rooms are always clean and well appointed. It is near Pasadena and the Rose Bowl, Santa Anita race track, Downtown Monrovia (a nice "old town" feel with restaurants and shops), but far enough away from most tourist traps to not be inundated with kids or the usual tourist gimmicks. Free parking, free wifi, and yes, the cookie was tasty.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My son, Pat Goodin, his Formula Drift crew I have had the incredible good fortune to stay at the beautiful hotel 2 years in a row when he drove at Irwindale Speedway. Not only were the staff very friendly, helpful, extremely efficient, but also quite personable. Our rooms was very nice....large, very modern and so comfortable. The entire hotel was immaculate and the food was delicious! The turn down service, with chocolates, was the icing on the cake! Can't wait for next year!!!

Room Tip: Try to get the extra big 2 bedroom....well worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!