DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grasonville, Maryland
“Low rise beds!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My room was finished in modern appointments and furniture. The first thing you will notice are the beds which are just 18 inches from the floor. Not bad but a little weird the first few nights. The bathroom had a very nice shower that had a proper height shower head. Also located in the bathroom is the closet and a few drawers for your clothes. The sink is one of the vessel style sinks that would wet your cloths nicely if you were not careful. I had one of the “01” rooms that adjoin the elevator. The plus is about 80 extra square feet the minus is the elevator noise. If this troubles you don’t let them give you a room that ends in 01.

The lounge is nice and comfortable with a nice wine selection. I did not eat at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Avoid the room numbers that end in 01 if your a light sleeper due to elevator noise.
1 Thank Cranky64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Buckeye, AZ, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Unfortunately, there were black flies breeding in the bathroom sink of my room. If there are little black flies in your room, I would request a different room right away, and have the staff treat the bathroom / sitting water areas to make sure there is no pest problem to bother you during your stay. Otherwise, good location and staff are friendly and capable.

Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed for one night for my son's high school football game. The hotel is centrally located and many restaurants are within easy walking distance. The room was modern and clean. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was included in the room price. A good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Duarte, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Highly recommended; had to stay due to fumigation at my house, & had tried a competitor down the road: this property surpassed all my expectations, & for the money, is an excellent value. The room reminded me of a stay at the Cosmo in Hong Kong. The afternoon sun roasts the poolside, though, & the a/c struggles to keep pace in summer. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Essex, VT, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a very high quality hotel in a relatively small community. I very much enjoyed my stay while in town on business. This is well located near some nice restaurants and adjacent to the highway entrance.

North Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I arrived at the hotel around 7:30pm, and my door was propped open by the security latch. As I cautiously entered the room, it appeared that no one was in the room and nothing had been taken. However, when I went to the front desk to report it, the front desk agent basically said, well good thing that nothing was gone and wasn't going to do anything. I've exchanged voice mails with the hotel manager, but his only response was that it was probably the turn down service. Unfortunately, the bed wasn't turned down and no chocolates were left. Hilton is now saying just call the hotel. If this were your wife or a single woman; or if something had been taken - there are tons of possibilities of just plain bad things that could happen here. This hotel needs to upgrade its security policies and then train its staff on what to do if a breach happens. Unacceptable DoubleTree!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Johnsonmichael,
Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I am truly apologetic for the way our Front Desk Agent addressed your concerns. The gravity of such breaches was the main part of their last meeting and we’ve stressed that any such concerns should be immediately brought to my attention. From our last conversation, and as you’ve noted in your review, we performed a key audit to see who last accessed your room. We discovered that it was the Turn Down Service Attendant’s key that opened your door in the hour before you arrived to find the room still open. Such carelessness is unacceptable, and we’ve terminated the employee in question. We’ve also taken preventative measures in all of our rooms to adjust hinges on all doors to ensure they self-close securely.
We do consider the safety and privacy of our guests to be of the utmost importance and promise that such concerns will be addressed in a manner appropriate to its seriousness. We hope to make it up to you and wish that you will still consider our hotel for your next stay in our area.

Warmest regards,

Luis Plascencia
Monrovia/Pasadena, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My room was not ready when I arrived, but they called me when it was ready, which was fine with me. The room was so nice. The only thing that was odd about the room is the position of the tv. It was not facing the bed or the couch, it was kind of in the middle of the two. The king size bed, was a bit firm for my taste, my sleep was not as comfortable as I hoped. The shower was awesome, although it had no curtain, which got the restroom pretty wet. There were a few odd things in the room, but it was very nice. The pool was too crowded due to there being a wedding held at the hotel. Parking is pretty good. The breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel was great, and the staff was so polite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!