“Nice and clean room,love it.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice and clean room,love it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

Love the decoration of this hotel tho you can tell this was just being renoverted. But it is a nice changes. Internet is free and fast. Room is nice, modern and clean. Some reviewers don't like the slinding bathroom door, no tub shower and low bed, but it doesn't bother me at all. Parking is free too that was a plus. Overall, I have a really good experience here, good to see a modern nice hotel after long day out. The staffs was nice but you won't feel warm and welcome, they are just doing their business, but they are still doing good job. Tons of restaurant around.

Room Tip: Rooms that facing the pool are nice.:)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Miu2000,

Thank you for the gracious comments. I am glad to hear you had a nice stay and that you enjoyed the hotel’s modern décor and the complimentary internet and parking. We hope to see you return again soon.

Luis Plascencia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salem, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

Myself, my husband, my brother-in-law and his dog all stayed two nights recently. The first night the room they gave us only had a king bed and a couch, and apparently they were sold out of double bed rooms. They offered us a second room at a discount, but we decided to stick it out for one night. We moved rooms for the second night.

The rooms were nice and modern, though the lighting was pretty dim. Beds were very comfortable. The bathroom were clean with only a shower and no tub (my preference, though I could see this being a problem for some people). Decent selection of channels on the tv.

The free warm cookies on arrival were awesome. The pool area looked great, very resort-like, even had cabanas. Unfortunately we didn't bring bathing suits.

This hotel usually has a pet fee, though they ended up waiving it for us. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. Very nice view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear raesive,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the rooms to be comfortable. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type the first night of your stay, we strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I just returned from another stay at this property. Some things improved and others did not.

Our room was clean and the hotel is conveniently located. Our phone was not working and the gentleman who came to fix it was very helpful.

However, the front desk staff at check in and check out were strictly business. I have stayed at lots of Hilton properties and friendliness has never been an issue.

Parking is free and so is the internet. Be aware...as soon as I logged into the Internet I received spam mail. Be careful what you do on the network as it is not secure.

Overall, this hotel has potential but seems to miss the mark when it comes to making your guests feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank btworld
Dear btworld,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I always appreciate hearing from our guests, including areas of improvement. I apologize that you did not feel welcomed by our front desk staff. This is not typical of our hotel and staff and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I have addressed this issue with our staff. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Really great area if you are here for business or as a tourist, b/c you can easily access LA since you are right off the 210.

The hotel itself has lots of pluses.
Nice staff-They are very helpful and friendly. The breakfast staff are fantastic and the bar staff are awesome @ nite. There was a woman bartender working on Halloween nite that was so friendly it just makes you want to come back to the bar. Housekeeping staff are super sweet as well.

Quite Modern- The lobby is very modern and updated. They've created an outdoor area that reminds me a bit of a downscaled version of what you might find at the W, yet it is good enough. I have a feeling it would be pretty ugly out there without the updates they've done. The firepit at night is a nice touch. The cabanas during the day are a nice way to relax or to do your work in a relaxing atmosphere. I would suggest they put some power outlets out there to help folks do their work in the nice atmosphere for a longer time period.

Rooms are also quite modern- They are pretty updated. They are a bit dark and could use a bit more light. The bathroom is a bit dark as well. Pillows are severely outdated and uncomfortable and the air conditioning unit is in a corner and I can imagine it must be very hot in the rooms in the summer. TV's are updated and the rooms are very spacious.

One other perk is free parking. Many hotels these days have begun charging for parking which I think is unwarranted (why don't they just add it in the room fee), particularly in the burbs. They also offer free internet, which is not typical of full service hotels.

In a nutshell, this is a good place to stay and I can't imagine business people or tourists looking for a decent price being disappointed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear GlendaleCA,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay and the kind review. I’m glad you were able to experience our warm DoubleTree hospitality and that the hotel amenities were to your liking. We hope to see you return again soon.

Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was hesitant to stay at this hotel given some of the reviews. I can understand some of the reviews as the first room I was given had two double beds, near elevator and was kind of dingy and dark. I moved to a king room which was far better. The only thing wrong with the room was that the bathroom had this small flies. The TV was a little small but had lots of channels. Other than that, it was nice and the parking was free along with the Internet. The cookies are always enjoyable and the front desk gave you complimentary bottled water. The breakfast buffet was also pretty good. Nice pool area. So overall I would stay here again as I found the bed comfortable. Also the area/street had lots of restaurants to visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear elledee33,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that the hotel staff made you feel at home and that you were able to enjoy the hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in the area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

Dont believe the bad reviews. Ive stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. Doubletree and Courtyard are by far the best in the area. Residence Inn should be avoided. Rooms and public areas are clean and well designed. The pool is the best in the area with minimal traffic noise from the freeway. Parking, resturant access is very easy.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Tacobiter,

Thank you for your review and your recent stays at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you have found the property amenities and location to your liking. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Staff is super friendly and helpful. Hotel decor is updated. Overall nice place to stay

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
lplascencia, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Jenshro,

Thank you for the gracious comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff to be so helpful. We hope to see you return again soon!

Luis Plascencia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
DusitD2 Hotel Constance Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!