“The best beef ribs”

Jake's Roadhouse
Ranked #1 of 137 Restaurants in Monrovia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“The best beef ribs”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I love this place! Their beef ribs are so yummy. This place looks like a hole in the wall, but you will be very surprised by their great food and friendly service. The walls are filled with license plates from various states and other vintage styled signs. They have peanuts in a bucket on the tables to munch on while you wait. I'm not a fan of tri-tip but when I tried their beef ribs, I became hooked. Visit their restrooms and read the sign on the men's room - hahaha. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2013

TEMPLE CITY
“good value , good price”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

the ribs special tasted good , but not enough meat on the ribs, but all you can eat, makes it worth while. Went there for for a mens night out had a good time

• Visited February 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Blues and BBQ”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Jake's is a small place in downtown Monrovia and was busy even on a Tuesday evening. Throw your peanut shells on the floor and kick back! Service was fast and friendly. We tried the pulled pork dinner and the smoked sausage dinner with sides of slaw, potato salad,and beans. We didn't know that the BBQ sauce would be vinegar based, or at least I think it was and we prefer a molasses based sauce. The sausage was good and the sides were good, but didn't enjoy the pulled pork as much because of the sauce.

Visited February 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“Greak breakfast place”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice breakfast place with friendly staff.

Was pretty quiet when I visited at 8am on a weekday morning, but very welcoming....sawdust on the floor and a bucket of peanuts on the table gave a real roadhouse vibe.

Food was OK, maybe not a great choice, but the Huevos Rancheros was a little too watery and too many chunky vegetables (peppers, celery etc) for my taste but pretty well cooked

Worth a look if you are close by

• Visited January 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Ribs”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to Jake's Roadhouse. My husband had the 3 beef rib lunch special with fruit and I ordered 2 appetizers; rib tips and fried zucchini. I haven't had anything but these 2 appetizers at Jake's. Why mess with perfection? They are always great. My husband loved his ribs and our dog loved the leftover bones. The side of fruit salad included fresh raspberries! How unusual. I saw some reviews for their breakfast, maybe some day we'll try it.

• Visited January 2013