“Comfort Food !” 4 of 5 bubbles

Monrovian Family Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 134 Restaurants in Monrovia
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Maria CA
“Comfort Food !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very good Club sandwich, my wife's seafood salad was amazing !
Good comfort food with great service
Highly recommended

• Visited May 2013

Monrovia, California
“Turkey Sandwich Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My sister and I order the turkey sandwich on the meun for 799. It was delicious. I order the vegetable soup too for 99c more it was very tasty. Ice tea was good. They have a TV now. Always good food and service. Great Family place. Good prices. Also in the center of Old Time Monrovia. Lots of nice shops and a great movie theather.

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is an old and tired place in need of a makeover with both their decor and their food. Service is good, but the food is not so good. I ordered a grilled fish dish and the fish tasted old, dry and sour. I took 2 bites and couldn't eat anymore. I told my server about it and he asked if I wanted something else, but after that experience I didn't. They didn't offer to comp the meal, or even give me a discount which would have been nice since all I ate was the rice side dish that tasted like it came from a box.

There are some reviews on here that like this place, but sorry, I didn't. I won't be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pasadena, California
“Great family food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Monrovia is just down the street from my husband favorite movie theater and we go often on Sundays after the movie.

This must have very nice owner/management as some of the employees have been there for many years. With the exception of one waitress they are very friendly and make you feel at home. When I was very sick, they really were nice to me, except the one waitress, who rarely smiles. If you aren't feeling good their soups are very delicious and nutritious.

Monrovia is a ""walking town"" meaning a lot of people walking the downtown area and eating at the restaurants, and this one is good for all ages.

The Sunday night special menu has 5 meals, and almost always a Turkey dinner. Tonight's dinner was Turkey, Pork roast, Salmon, Pasta dish with Sausage and a Taco salad which I think was a tostada from what I saw.

We often go there on a Thursday night as they have Corned Beef and Cabbage, which they do very well, however having partially raw potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower/broccoli doesn't work. However the corned beef and cabbage is delicious. On Thursday nights the other choice in the specials is Greek Chicken.

One thing that is the best ever is when they have fish tacos, which isn't often but when they do, no one does it better.

I would give this place 5 stars except this is the second time I had hair in the food. Something about hair in the food is a big turnoff. The first time I had this happen I wrote them a letter but never had a reply, and we didn't go back for a long time. Tonight I didn't tell my husband and just stopped eating and said i was full, but really they need hair nets or something, it was a black curly hair and I don't handle hair in my food well at all.

The specials also come with dessert, and the tapioca is excellent.

Without that exception it is a great family/neighborhood place to eat.

• Visited February 2013
Monrovia, California
“The Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I go there often. The Serve Breakfast, lunch and Dinner. The have a good variety food. Fast and Friendly service. The staff is excellent and prices too. The deco is nice alot of histroy about Monrovian.

• Visited December 2012