“I hate to write this...”
Review of Cafe Mundial

Cafe Mundial
Ranked #49 of 142 Restaurants in Monrovia
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My family and I have been going to this restaurant since it opened. Unfortunately, they got a new chef and hanged up the menu. Neither of these changes are good. The risotto was uncooked and our favorite item is no longer on the menu. I hate to say it, but we are not going back any more, which is sad, as it is very close and convenient.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

The out side drew me in, and when I heard the live music I fell in love with the place. The decor was so magical lol.. its a must see! I live in las vegas and was just visiting. When I go back I will definiteley be visiting again! ♡

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were 6 adults and a baby and everyone found something they liked. The service was a a little slow but willing and friendly. the place has an eclectic decor slightly too dark but interesting. The toasted bread with olive oil and hummus was nice while we waited. I ordered "paella" and what i got was very tasty but not paella. It was basically a seafood risotto with a ring of shell fish around the edges and the rice was perfect for a risotto but all wrong for paella. I enjoyed it once i reset my expectations.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I'm not sure why this place has so many decent reviews. I mean, I know Monrovia is not a foodie haven, what with Claim Jumper and Red Lobster rated #14 & #15 respectively, but still, come on. The food isn't even average quality. The calamari was over-breaded and greasy, the pasta was mushy, and the glasses of wine were low end to be sure. The outside patio area is nice, but it doesn't make up for the mediocre food and service. You can do better; just keep walking.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is my second visit to this restaurant. Visited in 2012 for dinner and then recently for lunch. The decor is well appointed and the place has lots of character. The outside covered patio is inviting. The food is exceptional and service was as expected for a place of it's standing.

I will definitely be back!