“Reasonable for price.”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed there in the begining of November they were really full. long line to check in but the front desk girl ashley was polite and helpful so was scott through out the stay. Bed was a bit hard. You get what u pay for, which isn't much. Overall ok place to stay

• Stayed: November 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that the staff were able to provide great service and apologize for the quality not meeting expectation, especially the beds. i am hopeful that these issues will be addressed by our hotels staff team and as we upgrade our product in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Excellent price but lots traffic noise from the freeway , carpets are old and dirty, the property in general does not smell good, the bed and pillows are quite hard, and my comforter had a cigarette hole in it (despite being a non-smoking room). Unless price is the most imortant consideration I would stay elsewhere.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Patriot80

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the quality of accomodations did not meet standard. In response to your feedback, I am addressing the issues mentioned with the team. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mnv@extendedstay.com. I apologize once again and do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had a great encounter with my attendant Ashley R we had a talk about the reason why you guys no longer hold wine openers and she helped me out with getting a smoking room which i was in dire need for (to cold to stand outside to smoke). The room was great didn't know that there would be a kitchen but ended up loving the whole room except for the beds they were a bit loud. Besides that it was a wonderful one day one night stay :]

Room Tip: If you want a smoking room ask for it also fyi if you have a kitchen in your room don't forget t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for such a great review! Your comments reassure me that our staff are providing great service to you as one of our most valued guests. Also thanks for your feedback on the kitchen amenities. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your return. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love staying here when in town for business. Best value in town. Very clean rooms and first class cutomers service. Management obvioulsy understands the importance of taking care of their guest. Theres plenty of lodging choices in Monrovia, but none that can provide the level of customers service like ESA Monrovia!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we exceeded your customer service expectations and offered great service and a clean room. It's great to hear your recognition on properly training our staff- thank you! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is located minutes from Pasadena, close to LA and near the 210/605 fwys. It is centrally located to everything in L. A. C. and O.C.
We have been staying in motels for six weeks waiting on a house but this place is our favorite.
The staff has always been superior to 5 star hotels I've stayed at. They are so helpful and friendly to every customer. I'm grateful to Adinah in particular for accommodating me and my young daughters every time for numerous requests from breakfasts to room necessities to local info.,etc..., She was kind and patient in assisting us as I imagine any on the staff to be.
All the rooms have full kitchens and are clean and spacious.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the wonderful comments about the staff and that you will continue to make us your first choice when it comes to lodging in Monrovia. Your recommendation means a lot to us as we continue to grow our service and amenities. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The beds are old and vey uncomfortable, awful mattresses! The decor is old, TVs are old & small. Cable wasn't working properly. The AC didn't work properly and wet the carpet. I was awaken by the backdoor leading to the parking lot from 5.15am. It was vey loud & noisy. Breakfast wasn't ready at 6.30am either. I was told the hotel is being updated/renovated, if not I will never return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from exit doors, very noisy!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am addressing with the staff. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mnv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had booked a two night stay at this hotel. We didnt have any problems checking in to this for the first night. However, when we came back to the hotel on the second night (after a spending the day in LA), our keys to the room didnt work. The person at the front desk didnt have any idea about what was going on (he didnt even have access to the computers). He then went banging on the door of the room only to find out another person has been given the room! When he finally got the access to the computer he found that we still had the room under our name, but the person in the room showed documentation that she had been given the same room. The front desk guy then found that our belongings had been left out. He couldnt find us another room or even get us into some other hotel. By the time all this happened (it took him multiple hours to figure this out), it was past midnight and we couldnt find another room in the area. He gave us a visiting card with a number to call later in the week when the manager would be in. When I called a couple of days later, nobody would pick up the phone either! Finally, I went to the booking agency (hotwire.com) and they couldn't get information on this incident from the hotel for nearly a week.

So unless you want to donate money to hotel management, you should stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and my sincere apology for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is routinely checking our arrivals and confirming the dates as well. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will make sure this does not happen again in the future. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mnv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!