Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The beds are old and vey uncomfortable, awful mattresses! The decor is old, TVs are old & small. Cable wasn't working properly. The AC didn't work properly and wet the carpet. I was awaken by the backdoor leading to the parking lot from 5.15am. It was vey loud & noisy. Breakfast wasn't ready at 6.30am either. I was told the hotel is being updated/renovated, if not I will never return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from exit doors, very noisy!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am addressing with the staff. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mnv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had booked a two night stay at this hotel. We didnt have any problems checking in to this for the first night. However, when we came back to the hotel on the second night (after a spending the day in LA), our keys to the room didnt work. The person at the front desk didnt have any idea about what was going on (he didnt even have access to the computers). He then went banging on the door of the room only to find out another person has been given the room! When he finally got the access to the computer he found that we still had the room under our name, but the person in the room showed documentation that she had been given the same room. The front desk guy then found that our belongings had been left out. He couldnt find us another room or even get us into some other hotel. By the time all this happened (it took him multiple hours to figure this out), it was past midnight and we couldnt find another room in the area. He gave us a visiting card with a number to call later in the week when the manager would be in. When I called a couple of days later, nobody would pick up the phone either! Finally, I went to the booking agency (hotwire.com) and they couldn't get information on this incident from the hotel for nearly a week.

So unless you want to donate money to hotel management, you should stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and my sincere apology for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is routinely checking our arrivals and confirming the dates as well. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will make sure this does not happen again in the future. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mnv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Nice staff, however, there was NO HOT water for a shower in room 240 on 10/29/12, at 9am. Checked for hot water at 9:30am and 10am before we gave up on taking a shower. Also, the bed was very uncomfortable- old, springy and hard. There were 2 flat pillows for a queen bed.
The a/c and tv were nice, but if you can't sleep or shower, why bother?!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank roadwarrior805
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had no hot water, during your stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am having our Engineer investigate and see what went wrong and correct it. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you letting us know today, so we can correct this for the next guest. I invite you to contact me at mnv@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The staff was nice - other than that everything else about this hotel is terrible.

1 - The smell - it was so bad in the hallways I had to breath through my mouth whenever I left room.

2 - The filth - the entire hotel was filthy - and the carpets were all stained and disgusting.

3 - The non-existant maid service - I have never stayed in hotel where they put a small placard in the bathroom to let you know that maid service will only be provided every 7 days - given that I was only there for 4 I was pretty much on my own?? If you want a towel you can go down the desk and get one yourself.

4 - The breakfast - they should not be able to call a basket of breakfast bars and some hot water for instant drinks breakfast. I've stayed at a lot of lower end hotels that include a continental breakfast and what they call breakfast is false advertising

5 - The cheap matteress - I can sleep on almost anything and be ok -but I wound up with a sore back on the cheap matteress.

For the money - you can do a whole lot better - pretty much anywhere - I can't beleive this company will be in business very long.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Joseph R
HotelManagement14, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that you had a problem during your visit with the overall condition and that you were unable to sleep well with the bed being uncomfortable. To prevent this from happening again, my team are addressing the needs to get us back to a level that provides our guests with a more enjoyable experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mnv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Manager Alan Kessman, hotel front counter people Rosa, Stephnie and Scott were all very helpful and friendly. Very flexible on early check in or late check out. Hotel location was great and close to many eating places, all within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. We take great pride in providing a great experience for all of our guests, and we so appreciate the feedback from you in return as this can help us to learn what matters most to our valued guests. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were on a family vacation, and decided to try the Extended Stay. Our expectations were exceeded in every way. Every employee that we encountered was cheerful and ready to help, especially Scott, the night clerk. When an issue came up, it was promptly taken care of. We were on the first floor facing the freeway and could not hear traffic because of the sound deadening windows. We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extendedstay Stay Los Angeles - Monrovia.  Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.  Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months.  We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for yout very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotel(sm) locations.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The manager (Alan) has really turned this place around! My husband and I have been staying here for over a year and ever since this new manager came, things are getting better and better! The front desk staff is extraordinarily helpful. I'm still currently staying here and staying here has been a comfortable experience especially when the new manager came :) Thanks Alan for exceptional service!

• Stayed: September 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for the great review! Your appreciation and recognition of the staff taking care of you, makes us realise how much of a pleasure it is to have you as our guests! We thank you for being our guest and thank you again for the lovely review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Quality Inn Near City of Hope
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#3 of 7 in Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!