“Had the worst experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Austin, Texas
“Had the worst experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had booked a two night stay at this hotel. We didnt have any problems checking in to this for the first night. However, when we came back to the hotel on the second night (after a spending the day in LA), our keys to the room didnt work. The person at the front desk didnt have any idea about what was going on (he didnt even have access to the computers). He then went banging on the door of the room only to find out another person has been given the room! When he finally got the access to the computer he found that we still had the room under our name, but the person in the room showed documentation that she had been given the same room. The front desk guy then found that our belongings had been left out. He couldnt find us another room or even get us into some other hotel. By the time all this happened (it took him multiple hours to figure this out), it was past midnight and we couldnt find another room in the area. He gave us a visiting card with a number to call later in the week when the manager would be in. When I called a couple of days later, nobody would pick up the phone either! Finally, I went to the booking agency (hotwire.com) and they couldn't get information on this incident from the hotel for nearly a week.

So unless you want to donate money to hotel management, you should stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and my sincere apology for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is routinely checking our arrivals and confirming the dates as well. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and will make sure this does not happen again in the future. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mnv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Nice staff, however, there was NO HOT water for a shower in room 240 on 10/29/12, at 9am. Checked for hot water at 9:30am and 10am before we gave up on taking a shower. Also, the bed was very uncomfortable- old, springy and hard. There were 2 flat pillows for a queen bed.
The a/c and tv were nice, but if you can't sleep or shower, why bother?!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank roadwarrior805
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had no hot water, during your stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am having our Engineer investigate and see what went wrong and correct it. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you letting us know today, so we can correct this for the next guest. I invite you to contact me at mnv@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Phoenix, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The staff was nice - other than that everything else about this hotel is terrible.

1 - The smell - it was so bad in the hallways I had to breath through my mouth whenever I left room.

2 - The filth - the entire hotel was filthy - and the carpets were all stained and disgusting.

3 - The non-existant maid service - I have never stayed in hotel where they put a small placard in the bathroom to let you know that maid service will only be provided every 7 days - given that I was only there for 4 I was pretty much on my own?? If you want a towel you can go down the desk and get one yourself.

4 - The breakfast - they should not be able to call a basket of breakfast bars and some hot water for instant drinks breakfast. I've stayed at a lot of lower end hotels that include a continental breakfast and what they call breakfast is false advertising

5 - The cheap matteress - I can sleep on almost anything and be ok -but I wound up with a sore back on the cheap matteress.

For the money - you can do a whole lot better - pretty much anywhere - I can't beleive this company will be in business very long.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Joseph R
HotelManagement14, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that you had a problem during your visit with the overall condition and that you were unable to sleep well with the bed being uncomfortable. To prevent this from happening again, my team are addressing the needs to get us back to a level that provides our guests with a more enjoyable experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mnv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Manager Alan Kessman, hotel front counter people Rosa, Stephnie and Scott were all very helpful and friendly. Very flexible on early check in or late check out. Hotel location was great and close to many eating places, all within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. We take great pride in providing a great experience for all of our guests, and we so appreciate the feedback from you in return as this can help us to learn what matters most to our valued guests. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments.
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were on a family vacation, and decided to try the Extended Stay. Our expectations were exceeded in every way. Every employee that we encountered was cheerful and ready to help, especially Scott, the night clerk. When an issue came up, it was promptly taken care of. We were on the first floor facing the freeway and could not hear traffic because of the sound deadening windows. We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManagement14, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extendedstay Stay Los Angeles - Monrovia.  Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.  Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months.  We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for yout very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotel(sm) locations.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

The manager (Alan) has really turned this place around! My husband and I have been staying here for over a year and ever since this new manager came, things are getting better and better! The front desk staff is extraordinarily helpful. I'm still currently staying here and staying here has been a comfortable experience especially when the new manager came :) Thanks Alan for exceptional service!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for the great review! Your appreciation and recognition of the staff taking care of you, makes us realise how much of a pleasure it is to have you as our guests! We thank you for being our guest and thank you again for the lovely review.
Folsom, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked this hotel on the Southwest website for a business trip. The reviews were positive, the location was perfect and the price too good to be true. I thought it looked nice from the pictures and I thought it would be comparable to a Hampton, HIlton Gardens, or Mariott (places I normally stay) but this was not the case.

It's almost set up like an apartment complex. A tiny lobby, no downstairs sitting or breakfast areas, or community computer. This I could have overlooked. However once I got off the elevator, the hallways were dark and dirty with stains all over the carpets. The quality of the room's furnishings reminded me of the Motel 8's I had stayed at during my low budget, college travel days. Everything was cheap and run down and felt like it was purchased at a flea market.

The bottom line was that I didn't feel comfortable walking on the carpet barefoot or siting on the bedspread (dubious stains I didn't want to examine too closely.)

I regret I didn't spend the extra $30-40 dollars for my normal Hampton or Ayres that also comes with a very nice breakfast and things you take for granted in your room - like shampoo...

To be fair, if I was in my 20's again or on a really tight budget, I may consider this hotel. The front desk staff really was very nice and friendly. But alas, I'm older now, a little spoiled, and used to my amenities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!