Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Manager Alan Kessman, hotel front counter people Rosa, Stephnie and Scott were all very helpful and friendly. Very flexible on early check in or late check out. Hotel location was great and close to many eating places, all within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. We take great pride in providing a great experience for all of our guests, and we so appreciate the feedback from you in return as this can help us to learn what matters most to our valued guests. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were on a family vacation, and decided to try the Extended Stay. Our expectations were exceeded in every way. Every employee that we encountered was cheerful and ready to help, especially Scott, the night clerk. When an issue came up, it was promptly taken care of. We were on the first floor facing the freeway and could not hear traffic because of the sound deadening windows. We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extendedstay Stay Los Angeles - Monrovia.  Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.  Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months.  We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for yout very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotel(sm) locations.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The manager (Alan) has really turned this place around! My husband and I have been staying here for over a year and ever since this new manager came, things are getting better and better! The front desk staff is extraordinarily helpful. I'm still currently staying here and staying here has been a comfortable experience especially when the new manager came :) Thanks Alan for exceptional service!

• Stayed September 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for the great review! Your appreciation and recognition of the staff taking care of you, makes us realise how much of a pleasure it is to have you as our guests! We thank you for being our guest and thank you again for the lovely review.
Folsom, California
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked this hotel on the Southwest website for a business trip. The reviews were positive, the location was perfect and the price too good to be true. I thought it looked nice from the pictures and I thought it would be comparable to a Hampton, HIlton Gardens, or Mariott (places I normally stay) but this was not the case.

It's almost set up like an apartment complex. A tiny lobby, no downstairs sitting or breakfast areas, or community computer. This I could have overlooked. However once I got off the elevator, the hallways were dark and dirty with stains all over the carpets. The quality of the room's furnishings reminded me of the Motel 8's I had stayed at during my low budget, college travel days. Everything was cheap and run down and felt like it was purchased at a flea market.

The bottom line was that I didn't feel comfortable walking on the carpet barefoot or siting on the bedspread (dubious stains I didn't want to examine too closely.)

I regret I didn't spend the extra $30-40 dollars for my normal Hampton or Ayres that also comes with a very nice breakfast and things you take for granted in your room - like shampoo...

To be fair, if I was in my 20's again or on a really tight budget, I may consider this hotel. The front desk staff really was very nice and friendly. But alas, I'm older now, a little spoiled, and used to my amenities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Ventura, California, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was extraordinarily pleased with the level of service provided to me by the day and night shift personnel.
Rosa,during the day: bright, friendly, courteous.
Scott on swing shift: VERY helpful with all of my issues as a guest. While being professional and pleasant, Scott helped facilitate a number of solutions to the little problems that I faced while as a guest there - repeated computer connections issues: aided by Scott toiletries and sundry items: hand-delivered by Scott. Friendly young man.
Alan the supervisor - under this man's direction, we as guests are given the full treatment. I was very pleased with my time here at Extended Stay America, Monrovia.

Paul

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Rosa, Scott and Alan. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Pasadena, California, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

prior to checking in hotel i was having a bad day but from the time i walked in, things got better.the person that checked me in was stephanie.she was great,very pleasant to talk to.i'm pregnant,have small child & dog so i'm physicly limited & she was so helpfull accomodating me! i had a slight condinsation problem with air cond. & jose the maintanance guy was quick,efficient to fix & very polite.very nice people!! thank you extended stay,especially you stephanie & jose. i would definatly stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Alan K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at ExtendedStay America - Monrovia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm)."
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I tend to travel to the LA area 4-5 times a month for bussiness meetings. So far this hotel has been very generous working with me. The staff is by far one of the best i've seen in that Monrivia/ pasadena area. Being a vice president of my company I have highly suggested this hotel to my staff. I highly recommend, and prices are reasonable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Alan K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay and experience with the entire staff at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Monrovia. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#5 of 7 in Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!