“The manager has really turned this hotel around!”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The manager (Alan) has really turned this place around! My husband and I have been staying here for over a year and ever since this new manager came, things are getting better and better! The front desk staff is extraordinarily helpful. I'm still currently staying here and staying here has been a comfortable experience especially when the new manager came :) Thanks Alan for exceptional service!

• Stayed: September 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for the great review! Your appreciation and recognition of the staff taking care of you, makes us realise how much of a pleasure it is to have you as our guests! We thank you for being our guest and thank you again for the lovely review.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I booked this hotel on the Southwest website for a business trip. The reviews were positive, the location was perfect and the price too good to be true. I thought it looked nice from the pictures and I thought it would be comparable to a Hampton, HIlton Gardens, or Mariott (places I normally stay) but this was not the case.

It's almost set up like an apartment complex. A tiny lobby, no downstairs sitting or breakfast areas, or community computer. This I could have overlooked. However once I got off the elevator, the hallways were dark and dirty with stains all over the carpets. The quality of the room's furnishings reminded me of the Motel 8's I had stayed at during my low budget, college travel days. Everything was cheap and run down and felt like it was purchased at a flea market.

The bottom line was that I didn't feel comfortable walking on the carpet barefoot or siting on the bedspread (dubious stains I didn't want to examine too closely.)

I regret I didn't spend the extra $30-40 dollars for my normal Hampton or Ayres that also comes with a very nice breakfast and things you take for granted in your room - like shampoo...

To be fair, if I was in my 20's again or on a really tight budget, I may consider this hotel. The front desk staff really was very nice and friendly. But alas, I'm older now, a little spoiled, and used to my amenities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was extraordinarily pleased with the level of service provided to me by the day and night shift personnel.
Rosa,during the day: bright, friendly, courteous.
Scott on swing shift: VERY helpful with all of my issues as a guest. While being professional and pleasant, Scott helped facilitate a number of solutions to the little problems that I faced while as a guest there - repeated computer connections issues: aided by Scott toiletries and sundry items: hand-delivered by Scott. Friendly young man.
Alan the supervisor - under this man's direction, we as guests are given the full treatment. I was very pleased with my time here at Extended Stay America, Monrovia.

Paul

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Rosa, Scott and Alan. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

prior to checking in hotel i was having a bad day but from the time i walked in, things got better.the person that checked me in was stephanie.she was great,very pleasant to talk to.i'm pregnant,have small child & dog so i'm physicly limited & she was so helpfull accomodating me! i had a slight condinsation problem with air cond. & jose the maintanance guy was quick,efficient to fix & very polite.very nice people!! thank you extended stay,especially you stephanie & jose. i would definatly stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Alan K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at ExtendedStay America - Monrovia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm)."

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I tend to travel to the LA area 4-5 times a month for bussiness meetings. So far this hotel has been very generous working with me. The staff is by far one of the best i've seen in that Monrivia/ pasadena area. Being a vice president of my company I have highly suggested this hotel to my staff. I highly recommend, and prices are reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Alan K, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay and experience with the entire staff at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Monrovia. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I are seasoned travelers throughout the US and abroad. However, this type property is not one we normally would use. We had to do so in a tight pinch. The room was large, clean and suited us fine. The unexpected/unadvertised 'free, light breakfast' was a plus.The shining gem of the stay was our front-desk staffer, "Stephanie". She was and is a true professional. Competent, personable and most helpful in several matters we had. In addiiton we noticed her ability to multitask and calmly and successfully handle unforeseen problems that arose. Manager and higher is definitely a certainty in her future (retain her services at whatever cost).

The one, significant drawback was that the hotel had many varied cultured occupants, each of whom was cooking their 'specialties'. The properties ventilation was inadequate to mitigate this situation, so it's needless to say that this very, unfortunately left a lingering, very putrid aroma throughout the hallways. Adding this this was that they had a 'common area' for trash disposal, that I have to say resembled that seen in 'developing', 'third world nation'.

Room Tip: Request a room that is away from the trash disposal collection point (there is one on each floor).
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to writing a review about your experience at Extended Stay America, Los Angeles - Monrovia. Allow me to apologize for the odors in the hallways that you mentioned. Although we have odor neutralizers in the public areas, it seems like the volume of cooking aromas during your stay, were not neutralized. We will look into this and take the necessary steps to combat the smell of cooking. We would like to thank you for your kind words and hope to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

On my recent trip to California, I was looking for a place to stay that offered great value and service, and found it at Extended Stay America. The staff was amazing! Martha, the manager, and her staff, Stephanie, Rose, Liviana, and Scott met all of my needs and made me feel at home. I will definitely recommend it to everyone. Kind regards, Dolores H.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay and expirence with the entire staff at the Extendedstay America Los Angeles - Monrovia. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#3 of 7 in Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Quality Inn Near City of Hope
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!